Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bone-In Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone-In Rib Roast

This AmazingRibs community is the best! Can't thank you enough for sharing many pertinent techniques. This cook turned out to be my best to date. Thanks!

This link below takes you to my Cooking Journal Entry --->
    Date: December 27,2015 DATE: 12/27/2015 Cooked: Bone-In Rib Roast Weight: 6.01 lbs. Cooker: Traeger Direct or Indirect: Indirect  Wood Used: Traeger - Gourmet - Premium Pellet Blend  Cook Temp: 275F T...

Nice journal. The roast looks delicious. Congrats on your successful cook. Hope many got to enjoy the roast.

Comment

Have you done a rib roast with a non-sugar based rub? Curious how they compare in your opinion? I have yet to do any beef cooks with a sugary rub based on recommendations from the Pit and MH.

Comment

• Doc Smoke J.Y.D.
        Doc Smoke J.Y.D. commented
        Editing a comment
        This was my first Roast. I'm sorry I do not have an answer to your question

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Some sugar is ok, it helps with bark. For instance Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub contains a little. But, it's so easy to overdo it. At least to me, any noticeable sweet on beef is just not cool. (But we're all different).

• josht138
        josht138 commented
        Editing a comment
        No need to apologize. Picture looks great.

Good job, always great to hear success stories from first cooks!

Comment

(Doc) Smoke J.Y.D., Great looking Rib Roast 👍👍👍👍👍! Fit to Eat if I Were to Judge! How do you like Evernote and what all do you use it For?
        Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          Evernote is my main way to save everything. I use it daily for clipping webpages I want to keep. Those are mainly recipes, but I also save user manuals, instructions, maintenance guides, photos, receipts, warranties, tax info, business forms, Word/Excel/PDF docs, etc. I don't know how I'd get by without it.

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dr ROK, Thanks for the input on Evernote! Our Son keeps telling me that he thinks that it will simplify things for me? Then he's out the door, on a plane and gone for a month or two! I am still functioning in the days of Fortran and Punch Cards? Thanks for the Info! To the App Store I Go! Dan

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          Danjohnston949 , If you get it and have questions, just let me know. The website also has some tutorials that should get you up and running. My regular email is [email protected] and that's probably the fasted way to get a response from me.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here