Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to get good briskets in north DFW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to get good briskets in north DFW?

I get most of my meat at Market Street in McKinney and have great experiences with their quality. However, as I prepare to smoke my first brisket, they're telling me they don't (and can't) get any brisket besides Select. Where do y'all get your briskets around here?

That is really surprising. Our local meat market told me all of their beef is at least Choice, and top 3% of Choice at that. I thought that was a little bit of a stretch, perhaps, but I took them at face value. Wish I could help you, but I don't think it should be difficult at all to find Choice somewhere around there... good luck.

Comment

Select??? Good grief!!! Try Sam's, or better yet Costco. Web sites look like that area should be peppered with both. Good luck.

Comment

WynCo on 380 just east of 75. Usually carry nice choice packers. Costco has prime but I find they are not the best

Comment

Yowzer, it sounds like they have a pact with a buddy, relative or both, that raise longhorns up by Dalhart and all they eat are bramble bushes and tumble weeds. You definitely need to find some new shopping grounds.

Comment

carolinastyle Here you go buddy! These guys even offer wagyu brisket. Highly recommended.

Comment

I buy the Costco prime.

Comment

Costco or look for Central Market.

Comment

Prime briskets at Costco yesterday for $2.79/lb. Hell of a deal.

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WOW. I hope you got one, or several!

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                    DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No KIDDING! Damn, I'd buy a second freezer for those! lol

Kuz it's good to see one our or GMG winners active in The Pit. Did you get your Chubby yet? Will there be pictures?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here