Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Tenderlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Tenderlin

Got a whole beef tenderloin and wanted to try something different than the herb rub recipe from amazing ribs (Its the rub i normally use but want to try something with less herb taste). I have several rubs from Oakridge BBQ. Anyone ever use one of theirs on a tenderloin or have another suggestion?

wrap it in a pork tenderloin, wrap it in bacon, shove it in a turkey. guarantee'd to hot and ...weird

Comment

It's a tenderloin, I personally think it's a bit of a waste to put too much flavor on a tenderloin. I'd just cover it in salt and fresh cracked peppercorns. Fresh cracked is key, you get some whole peppercorns, grind them a bit in a mace - I don't have a mace so I just spread them out under a paper towel on the counter and whack them a few times with the bottom of a frying pan, as you do this it's good to scream "I done told you!" each time you bring down the pan. This adds flavor. Warm them up in a little olive oil, mix with sea salt, and rub all over the tenderloin. I also tie tenderloins. Flip the tip back on itself so that the loin is shaped like a cylinder instead of a cone and tie it off. It will cook more evenly. If you rub a little salt into the seam that you make folding the tip over, it will then stick together once it's cooked so when you carve it it will look pretty.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here