Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy heck, look at this chuck roast from Click.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy heck, look at this chuck roast from Click.

Click image for larger version  Name:	449ED98E-0968-40A3-969E-9CADBC6930D6.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	1240788

These are $25 for a 4lb roast (I got two, one is 4.29lb and the other is 4.25lb). Plus there’s an AR discount code.

Choice chuck roast is $5.99 at Wegman’s.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9F14E4AE-9855-4C8C-B061-7B0A55285BE6.png Views:	2 Size:	708.0 KB ID:	1240789

I dunno, I think this is where I’m going to buy chuck roasts from now on.

Last edited by Mosca; June 22, 2022, 07:53 PM. Reason: Edited to add link for Click

That looks fantastic!

Comment

Amazing! 😎

Comment

Yep, I've cooked a couple and I have more in the freezer. They are great!

Comment

Damn. When did you order them? How did they ship them? How long did it take to get them? Did they arrive in good shape, meaning still frozen?
          Coming out of Texas this time of year I would be Leary that they would make all the way up still frozen.
          I’m very interested in your response Mosca

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I ordered them in January, they arrived promptly and completely frozen. They are actually 50¢/lb cheaper now than they were then!

Here in the Northeast we aren’t that hot. But yeah, it might be a good idea to wait until the heat breaks.

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Yeah. So far we’ve been lucky with the weather not being to hot.

That looks really good!

Comment

That is one marbled chuck roast! I have two of those Click chucks in the deep freeze, but have yet to thaw or unpackage them. I had to toss some chuck ribs and a tri-tip from my shipment in early May, and won't consider ordering from them again until it is cool weather in both Texas and anywhere between them and me....

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the post Jim. I’m now gonna wait until fall before ordering from them.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve B I would not order right now, unless I paid extra for overnight shipping, which would probably be very expensive. It was in the low 80's in a heat wave in late April or early May when my shipment, which was supposed to arrive in 2 days, got stuck on a UPS truck for most of a 3rd day, arriving with 2 pieces above 40F, one at the top of the box was all the way up to 50F (a tri-tip). They promptly refunded for the 2 items that were at unsafe temps.

How much is shipping?

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              $27 to NEPA. Look for the code in the "deals" section.
              Last edited by Mosca; June 23, 2022, 03:34 PM.

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Mosca would you mind removing the code? Otherwise Google searches will pick it up for non members.

I have one of those also, and just pulled it out of the chestie for a Saturday cook. Mine looks almost identical to yours! Nearly identical weight and the exact price you got.

I believe shipping is calculated based on distance etc, shipping on both of the Click orders I've done was US$27 for about 8lb/3.6kg of meat, back in late January and again mid April. Everything arrived frozen solid on those orders, but it was obviously not overly warm yet... Their beef is some of the very best we have tasted thus far!

Comment

That is a beautiful chucky.

Sometime in December, I'm placing a big order through Click and plan on putting a few of those in the freezer.

Comment

I have a couple in the freezer. With meat prices the way they are in stores now it is not even sacrilegious to just grind a couple of those up for burger patties. $6-7 per pound for some high quality ground chuck isn't a bad price at all. I have a bag of brisket trimmings in the freezer I would throw in the grind as well.

Comment

Here's my Click chuck that I'll be smoking up tomorrow, before and after salting...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220624_083732.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1241504

Name:	20220624_083752.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1241502

Name:	20220624_084016.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1241503

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                    Jfrosty27 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow. That’s a beauty. Thick too. Going to take a while…..

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow!

That membrane that runs down the middle was the only waste on mine.

• DaveD
                    DaveD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jfrosty27 Yup! That baby is going in bright and early...

shipping depends where you live. In Northeast it is $35

Comment

This thread made me decide to stock up while the sale is still on: ordered 3 chuckies, 1 - four bone beef chuck shortribs, and two packs of tenderloin tips. I should probably get another brisket but I doubt I have space for it.

Comment

That chuckle looks great

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here