Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corned beef hash experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corned beef hash experiment

Tried the experiment with the pulled beef and it came out awesome. Other than not being red/pink meat you would never know it was not real corned beef.

I took 3/4 lb. of the pulled beef
    1 1/2 t. pickling spice
    1 t. fine sea salt
    7 carrots
    4 smaller potatoes

I used canned pickling spice I had. Put it in the Bullet and made a fine powder out of it. I chopped the pulled beef to small pieces. Cooked the potatoes and cooled and sauteed the sliced carrots in butter and EVOO with salt and black pepper.

Mixed the powdered pickling spice and salt to beef and let sit in the fridge a few hours.
    Chopped the carrots and potatoes
    Mixed together

Sauteed the hash in a large skillet till nicely browned and served with over easy eggs and toast.

Got a full 5 mmmmmmmmmm's from the wife

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151002-_DSC2874.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	114008

WOW, does that ever look GREAT!

Good thinking.....I'm going to try it next time I to a chuckie.

Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here