Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wegman's Dry Aged Beef in cryovac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wegman's Dry Aged Beef in cryovac

I have a question. Some friends and I are getting together after Thanksgiving and I wanted to get some really good steaks. No one wants to spend enough to get wagyu or anything. So I called Wegman's and told the guy that I wanted prime grade dry aged steaks. They had them advertised for $31.99 per lb. He said he has some there that were dry aged before they got to the store. I was a little suspicious so I asked how they are packaged. He said they are in cryovac. I said: "don't you have to take them out to dry age them?" He responded that they were dry aged before they were shipped to the store and then put back in cryovac and shipped. Does this make any sense? Or is the guy full of crap? Thanks, everyone!

Yes, make sense. I dry age my own meat as well and then vac seal to freeze. after butchering it dry ages then cryovac to ship.

If you have time, do some additional shopping on the various sites like Porter Road, etc. see what they may offer as well. Have fun with the after Thanksgiving steak dinner!

Comment

Thanks! Good advice.

Comment

Makes sense to me.

Comment

Generally speaking, I trust Wegman’s. When you look at the steaks in the case, the dry aged are obviously dry aged.

If you are buying bulk, offer $45/lb for the Wagyu.The "reduced for quick sale" price is $42/lb.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here