Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To split or not to split (your packer.) That is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEbbq Tetris? What gave you that idea?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210519_134044.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1061950

Comment

Smoking one now, I carved off about two LBs of fat from my 11.5 lb prime, then split, wrapped in foil after 4 hours smoke. want burnt ends. I'm 8 hours in and temp is 199 cooking at 225. almost done. mouth is watering, from the smell. I do not split every time. Cooking 4 per about year. Oh it was cheep $55. at Sams.

Comment

I always split them because I find that the point and the flat cook at different rates. Most of the time, the flat takes way longer than the point.

This gives me more flexibility to remove the parts of the brizzy that are finished.

Comment

I have never split a brisket. I have bought a few flats used for corned beef and pastrami though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here