Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket on a 26" Weber kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you like with brisket? The wife likes it only lightly smoky so I split the difference.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      We like garlic mashed potatoes, mac & cheese (homemade) and a green, often garlic-satueed brocooli. And a good bold red wine.

For my first brisket on my Weber Kettle I followed the instructions in the Cook's Country magazine from Aug/Sep 2018 (I think). Set out the charcoal in a "Snake", ran it at 225 degrees starting around 2AM (yeah, 2AM). Slept with my Maverick alarm set to go off if the temp dropped or rose too much, but it didn't go off at all (that snake thing works beautifully). Got up at 6AM and continued to monitor it until the stall. Wrapped it in aluminum foil (I hadn't started using butcher paper yet) and let it go to 203 degrees. Threw it in the cooler and about three hours later it was to 170 degrees and I broke it out for slicing (see picture). That was around 4PM so the whole process took around 14 hours. There were no leftovers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0237.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	1050532

Comment

A hearty note of thanks to all the Pit folks who weighed in with advice on cooking my first brisket, as well as the fabulousMeathead book. The brisket turned out pretty well, I think; up votes all around from the spouse and our seven guests. Even the flat was tender. But I followed Barry Sorkin's advice and served some of the flat and point to everyone, along with a drizzle of drippings. It was fun and I learned a lot. It is really great to have this super resource at hand. Thanks, all.
      Pic 1: 6 a.m., after 7 hrs and probably over or near the end of the pause. The temp hadn't dropped that much - I think it was around 170 - but by the time it occurred to me to pull out the phone ...
      Pic 2: 10 1/2 hrs on the grill, 3 in the cooler and another 4 in a 170 oven (mostly turned off so it wouldn't dry out - and yes, @Hendrik, I could have done this w/o cooking overnight, but I wanted to play it safe ...) Voila! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1902.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	1051556Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1913.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	1051557

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful! Congrats man, you knocked it out of the park!

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        The advice you can get from this place is priceless.

GREAT WORK!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here