Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF Wagyu Brisket #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@2:30PM the brisket has reach 198 IT and it was probe tender so it has been wrapped up with lots of towels and is now in the cooler resting. Also I'm trying out some rib racks since I have 20 racks of ribs to do on Labor Day weekend for our annual family reunion. Oh BTW the Budlites are tasting better and better Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	100614 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	100613

Comment

Dumb question, but you wrapped in foil for the rest, yes? I'm afraid too much juice will leak out if you left in butcher paper.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        David Parrish no I left it in the butcher paper but I can fix that.

Cant wait to see this beast sliced up. Looks great so far.

Comment

That's a fine looking brisket. I'm looking forward to sliced pictures, also.

Comment

Leaving us hanging....

Comment

I better not see a whole sliced brisket.

I better see an individual slice or two.

Comment

Jerod Broussard you sound like Myron Mixon

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                DW and I had a positive back and forth.

I'm hoping to have a stick burner by Labor Day weekend.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Old school stickburner, or new school KBQ?

• Ernest
                Ernest commented
                Editing a comment
                Huskee 99% towards KBQ. I looked at Lone Star Grillz and the most reasonable one is $1,700, 8 hour round trip to pick it up.

WHERE'S TEH BEEF?

Comment

Well folks through the miracle of time it's done and it was a success. The brisket was so tender even the wife ate it and she doesn't even like brisket. Here's the thumb Jerod Broussard David Parrish , Huskee , Spinaker sorry it took me awhile to post the final results. Had to wait for the guess to leave. I will sleep like a baby tonight . Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0007.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	100702 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0009.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	100701 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0008.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	100700

Comment

Lol!

THAT
                  is
                  a
                  good
                  looking
                  platter
                  right
                  there!

Did it come out better than last one?

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee yes it did but I don't know if I like wrapping in butcher paper. I will do another the same way except when I wrap it will be foil instead of paper.

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    DWCowles, elaborate...why? Messy? Hassle? I've never had a bad experience with foil, but never have used paper so I'm curious to hear another perspective on paper.

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee the paper absorbed all of the juices which I would like to save and also the paper tears very easy and messy.
                    Last edited by DWCowles; August 3, 2015, 08:20 PM.

NICE DWCowles

If only you'd cooked that on the SnS we'd put that pic on the wall of fame!

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    David Parrish I will do another in a couple of months and I will use the SnS.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent!

DWCowles Great job!!! That platter looks out of this world man!! In the words of Huskee , "I want to lick my screen"! That brisket looks amazing, great bark production and that smoke ring in on point. Great color on the ribs too. If this meal tasted half as good as I looks, I'd say you had some happy campers.

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's ok if no one sees you do it. Right?

I salute you DWCowles that's a fine looking spread.

Comment

Awesome job man.

Yeah, the butcher paper is messier. I don't see how Franklin can stand all that grease on his hands.

Comment

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Jerod Broussard I really like the simple S&P rub because it had a beefier taste to it. I know you are right about the grease also Aaron's hands has to be numb because I try handling the brisket wrap in paper and it burn the crap out of mine

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He's said a few times in his videos his nerve endings are fried and his hands are somewhat numb. I'm starting to believe it's not a joke.

• DWCowles
                      DWCowles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Huskee I know he wasn't joking. I reach in to grab my brisket and I couldn't wait to turn it loose.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here