Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front-end Sear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took a while to figure it out, I do reverse sear with a Slow n Sear basket in a Jumbo Joe.

The process goes like this;

Stack about 15 Kingsford bricks on a fire starter in the corner. I have a flip up grate and can put 2 or 3 on top of the flipped over portion. You can leave 5 or six across the bottom that aren’t in the pile to light.

Once the stack is completely lit everything at least 50% asked over you rake it across the Slow n Sear and close the lid.

Go in the House and get the steaks and the pit should be warmed up when you get back outside.

Steaks on the cool side and I throw a Grill Great over the fire, vent in the lid is over the steaks opened all the way. Depending on what kind of steak I try and put a bone or a layer of fat twords the fire, if there is none I will flip the about half way to the desired temp.

Once they are 10 degrees from the desired temp I pull one off off and spin the lid over the basket a sear the first one 30 seconds a side. Then the next one.

You can adjust the doneness by putting them onto a rack to cool them faster when it gets hot, I’m usually shooting for rare and ocasinaly i over do it and get medium rare.

I spent many years trying to figure out how to cook steaks on the tiny grill and figured I all out last year after joining this site.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here