Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Bay hot sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Bones was the hot sauce book a good read? And did you ever post the title (sorry, I missed it if you did)?
    Last edited by Arsenlael; July 10, 2020, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Arrived today!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200711_183216_109.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	879118

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
        Looks like it’s all sold out online and there’s not going to be anymore this year. I got this email today
        Click image for larger version Name:	924D5B96-AE89-4B79-8C82-B430993DD195.png Views:	0 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	873453
        Looks like Old Bay has released their hot sauce again for sale. I got this email this morning:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Bay at Kitchen and Company.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1011697

Here's the link to the Old Bay Hot Sauce at Kitchen and Company.

Kathryn

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          If anyone ever gets to Ocean City go to the Fisher’s popcorn stand on the boardwalk and try their caramel popcorn straight out of the kitchen. Just fantastic.

I got caught up in the hype last year when this stuff became available online, and I ordered a two pack of the 10 oz bottles. Well, I have gotten through about half of one bottle so far. I just don't love it like I thought I would, and nobody else in my house likes hot sauce. So I have one unopened bottle sitting in the pantry. Shoot me a PM if you want it, and I will ship it to you for just the cost of shipping.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I didn’t like it on anything but seafood. Tasted like liquid Old Bay, and I didn’t think it was very hot.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I did the same thing. I use it in soups and things like that, but my wife doesn't use much hot sauce anymore. I'm sitting at about 1.5 bottles as well.

• Hulagn1971
          Hulagn1971 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love it on eggs. Local Food Lion now has it ion the shelves.

This one I would be interested in.

Comment

I like it on shrimp, eggs (fried, scrambled, egg salad), and in Bloody Marys (along with other heat-inducing ingredients).

I don't think to use it as much as I probably could, since it's always fighting for attention with several other favorite hot sauces. You're right, Steve R. --it's not that hot, but to me it adds a nice flavor. One of our girls is always eager to try different hot sauces, so I gifted one of the bottles to that daughter. Half a bottle left. Should get us through the summer.

Comment

It’s definitely not very hot but is really good on chicken wings and fries.

Comment

Just ordered a 2-pack. My in-laws are from Baltimore and use Old Bay seasoning like it’s going out of style.

But they’ve never had the hot sauce...until now. Going to gift it to them when it arrives!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here