Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeze after brining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze after brining?

I prepped too much food for the small group I'm feeding... I was wondering if I could freeze a rack of ribs AND/OR some chicken quarters that had been dry brining for ~24 hours.

I got a little excited at the store, then may have had a couple drinks before brining, so I forgot to separate some to freeze until the salt was on it.

Yup. It'll be jus' fine.

Comment

• Skelly
      Skelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr. Bones .. I don't know why I was worried about it, but I've learned not to make assumptions.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Skelly
      Anytime, No Problem!
      Th' only stupid questions are th' one we don't ask...
      We both know where ASSumptions lead, yes?

What Mr. Bones said. I recently bought a 2 pack of pork butts, brined and rubbed them, cooked one, vaccumed sealed the other and stuck it in the freezer. Makes the next butt cook that much easier.

Comment

My freezer is full of dry brined goodies. I do that purposely too.
      You'll be just fine.

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys! I actually think I'm just gonna start doing that every time I buy meat then. Then when you thaw, all you gotta do is rub with your flavor & burn that sucker.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          And a lot of the time, you don't even need to thaw!

• Skelly
          Skelly commented
          Editing a comment
          Well EdF that would be a new one on me... I'm assuming thinner stuff like ribs as opposed to butts and briskets?

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do thicker meat too - just cook it longer. Assuming low and slow here.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here