Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Channels link isn't in navigation bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channels link isn't in navigation bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kJp9XAY.png
Views:	275
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	936619
    Shouldn't there be a link to "channels" there?

The Pitmaster team is doing a bunch of work on navigation and such right now. Meathead has asked for a few days to get the work done and then he'll ask for feedback, etc. I suspect that is what's going on with the Channels tab :-)

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope so. I would imagine recent posts, channels, and messages are the links used most by most people. I've noticed the channel link is often not there for months.

have removed it to make room for other tabs and search. You can get to the Channels page by clicking on the big "go to channels page" in the masthead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_129611.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	936660
    Last edited by Meathead; November 9, 2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, that is what I was going to respond.

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that HUGE type will be noticed fairly quickly and members will adapt quickly. There simply isn't room for it on the tab bar any longer.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I go to channels every day. I have never clicked on "Announcements" "Show Us" or "Recipes Only". I do click on messages but I click on the one at the top right where the notification icon appears. It seems to me having a "Channels" link on the actual navigation bar is more important than a duplicate "Messages" link if there's really no room. However, many websites with lots of sections have 2 rows of navigation buttons. Just my 2 cents.

My first world problem is that the "Recent Posts" tab has moved...
    I logged in today on my iPad and tapped it with my thumb like always...and got my membership info. O_o LOL

Comment

Change is a difficult thing to do for us humans (yes, I am human and I got a 2nd opinion on that). That is why I take only 2-3 showers a week and try to click the fuel lever just right to roll to the nearest whole $ when I fill my car with gas. But what we often forget is that when we ask for one change, to make it happen many times requires changes somewhere else. Making pages easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing is a balance which sometimes is difficult to attain. Especially when working within the confines of software limitations. Bottom line, we just got to get use to it and create a new routine. Easier for some to do. For me, I will just need to engage my brain for the few seconds needed so that I click on the right link. Then I can turn it off and enjoy the forum.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        ... bear

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        The comments on this post are becoming unbearable.

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Getting the feeling that these comments are an attempt to poke at me...

Not quite done yet.

Comment

I'd axe the My Membership menu item and put back the Channels. How often does one need to check your membership status? Plus, it's available from the account dropdown (the one that lists your screen name). That's where I would go to check it anyway.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here