Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error on 2 week pastrami thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on 2 week pastrami thread

The link https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-qvq-pastrami" should go to polarbear777's thread on 2 week pastrami. I have it open in another tab, actually, but when I go to that link now I get:

Search result already expired, please try a new search.

Uh...what?

When I click the link you provided here, I get this: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...trami%E2%80%9D

Let me know if this is incorrect.

Comment

I’ve been seeing that message lately on other threads too.

Comment

It works now, didn't when I posted. Odd.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Broken part in your PC. It's the part between the keyboard and the chair...

Guys, the internet and the "cloud" providers are stretched to the max right now .... the errors you’re seeing are most likely due to the challenges that Amazon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc are facing trying to keep the basic infrastructure scaling up to meet the demand .... all of the things we use daily, including Pitmaster, run "in the cloud" .... which is really a bunch of servers in data centers that you can access via the internet :-)

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Tell me about it. As someone who runs a team for a ahem very large telecommunications company, they are getting their money out of me for once.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          texastweeter rickgregory I run a services team ... Splunk developers, Identity team, consulting, etc .... it’s killing us. We are doing great work for clients and getting f’ed over by "cloud" not scaling well

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          This isn't a capacity problem. I've been running into this off and on since I first started my trial membership. My guess is this is some kind of server side caching bug. I've found that if you wait 5 to 10 minutes it self corrects.

Sorry. I guess you have to wait the first week for the cure...

Comment

Originally posted by rickgregory View Post
          The link https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...vq-pastrami” should go to polarbear777's thread on 2 week pastrami. I have it open in another tab, actually, but when I go to that link now I get:

Search result already expired, please try a new search.

Uh...what?
          This is a bug in the forum software. It has been an issue for more than a few years. I have been following for the last two years. All links are cached as search results, and if you hit F5 (browser page refresh), sometimes you get that annoying message. That was supposed to be fixed in the last release ( This info from Feb 2020 https://forum.vbulletin.com ) but it was not.

The only current solution is to wait for the cache to expire, currently that takes 5 minutes. Note: this cache is on the server/vbulletin software, so you cannot effect it. I will be looking for a way to fix this.

Comment

Update. I am determined to find a good solution. First solution is to just disable the cache. I have done that. I will be keeping tabs on the server load to see if there is any negative effect. If not, I will leave it disabled.

Extra thanks to pkadare -- you are spot on!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here