Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File or Save Threads Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File or Save Threads Feature

Not sure if it is possible on the software platform we are using however I was wondering if there would be a way to get a feature that would allow us to File or Save threads we are interested in?

For example Meathead's thread on breaking down a Prime Rib Roast... that would be one I would want to file away for later reference.

I know we have a "follow" option now but the downside of that is every time someone comments or replies you get a notice in your message box. I view the follow of more wanting to be in the conversational loop as opposed to just wanting to keep something back for future reference.

Just a thought.

Nate I don't think that functionality exists in vBulletin (our forum software), however, it'd be very easy to bookmark a thread for later reference using your browser. All browsers have the capability. Most likely you could even create a folder dedicated to threads you like.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the followup boss

Nate it's easy peasy to do ..... On the top of the thread click on the "Follow" button. Now, whenever you want to access that thread, to to the top bar, to Messages, and select Subscriptions. There are all the threads that you are following. :-)

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks but as I mentioned in my OP I am aware of that feature, in fact i use it some, however as I also mentioned I was trying to find a way to do it where there wouldn't be constant notifications every time someone posted or commented in the thread.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, didn't read the last para .... Yeah, vBUlletin doesn't really have a file/save feature. For that, your best bet would be to bookmark the thread as David Parrish suggested.

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I thought it was worth asking to see... don't know if you don't ask... probably going to have to start bookmarking

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here