Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: New Review - Portable Coolers Tested and Reviewed, by Rick Browne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...rtable-coolers

Click image for larger version  Name:	coolerheroweb.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	445713

No test on the RTIC?

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Same Question. I like my RTIC!

• allsid
      allsid commented
      Editing a comment
      Rick Browne would have to give you the final details here DWCowles but some manufacturers just plain said no.

My guess is it's too similar to Yeti & Grizzly, so eliminated a little redundancy. I could easily be wrong, just a wager. Also, he mentions in the very beginning that 6 manufacturers took him up on the offer to test. Perhaps RTIC was one who didn't wish to participate.

The performance of the Cabela's is impressive!

Comment

Absolutely fantastic. Thank you. Excellent info

Comment

Good read - thanx.

Comment

Great info. It would be interesting to see Rtic as well.

I do do have a few soft sided coolers. One Yeti and one Rtic. The Yeti does well in the summer when I take it to the Lake. Most of the Ice melts, but the water stays cold enough to use. I only got the Rtic late fall, so haven’t been able to see how it works in the heat.

But out thanks again for the review. Cabela’s always puts out great stuff!

Comment

Time to run to Cabela's Bargain Cave and take a look see! Our Cabela's just opened. Just in time to close or turn into a Bass Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
              Time to run to Cabela's Bargain Cave and take a look see! Our Cabela's just opened. Just in time to close or turn into a Bass Pro.
              First thing I did was check those coolers- nope, no bargains yet. I wonder if Cabela's will re-brand or operate as Cabela's still...I only read a couple articles and none (that I seen anyway) addressed that.

Comment

I appreciate the thought and abuse tests that went into this review.

Still interested to know
                1. How hard is each to clean when bbq drippings get inside and potentially stain/smell? Is there a difference between roto molded and conevtional materials?
                2. How robust are the gaskets and sealing mechanisms to the aforementioned drippings? How hard is it to obtain and install replacement gaskets?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here