Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek: Bacon-wrapped Kielbasa Bites, a.k.a. Pig Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peek: Bacon-wrapped Kielbasa Bites, a.k.a. Pig Balls

As easy to make as they are delicious, these smoked bacon-wrapped kielbasa bites (a.k.a. pig balls) are the perfect appetizer for any event. Enjoy!

Bacon-wrapped Kielbasa Bites, a.k.a. "Pig Balls", by Clint Cantwell

LINK: https://amazingribs.com/pig-balls-recipe/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_183809.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1268058

I like those skewers!

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto^. They are Weber!
      Last edited by WayneT; August 4, 2022, 02:49 PM.

Oh wow! My old man would be a huge fan of these!

Comment

What a great idea for get togethers. TX

Comment

Wow, and I just happen to have homemade kielbasa and bacon in the freezer. Too bad I'll be out of town this weekend.

Comment

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          Leave the key under the mat. I'll come by and get them started for ya

Simple simple... I bet if you wrapped a slice of jalapeno underneath that bacon and sprinkled with a little Tony Chachere's or some kind of a rub, they would be even more out of this world! Super easy stuff!

Comment

I see what you did there.

Name:	yLg0fVD29dFgWSO50lWOrKqxTUWLqz4n2THE8E5BPI0D-1EdbW7gJuA8j4hsElzUlnpKCjT1idt_b-7RNp_OZ0O17Gsy6TbG9_0cLoSDIjmJGofBtpVIeaL9lvKUV95ihU35yIcNmTyt9mpd5eccq9XjPKUnofF1P7bsn_LDxSI4ERMubQyrz9KoqZoqEod4vXkNT83087y3h2yP94GhnQJtz8goZ9wxS2RtGoKt13SH9_z-56Ci-V8bzNSTaUo
Views:	556
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1268102

Comment

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack We call those Devils on Horseback where I hail from. I also add an almond in mine.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            WayneT Interesting. I think I'll try that next time.

• WayneT
            WayneT commented
            Editing a comment
            Attjack I normally cut the almonds in half so both they and the cheese will fit. The almond gives a nice crunchy texture. We also sometimes dip them in Jerk sauce.

Name:	pig balls.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1268141

Comment

Time to go grocery shopping. Two of my favorite foods got married!

Comment

You had me at bacon!
              Man those look tasty!

Comment

I actually made these on the 4th of July cook. Different rub and bbq sauce though. And yes they are really good. Here with some poppers as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	B9FCB182-6BCA-4FF4-8CA1-160DADE4D860.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	1268189 Click image for larger version

Name:	ACA2A27C-1670-44F7-91EB-7C86D4A59150.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1268190 Click image for larger version

Name:	7DE74757-4520-483F-8C66-6B3237F2D001.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	1268191

Comment

Man they look good

Comment

Originally posted by 58limited View Post
                    Wow, and I just happen to have homemade kielbasa and bacon in the freezer. Too bad I'll be out of town this weekend.
                    Homemade kielbasa? I need to try that!

These are also amazing topped with some pimento cheese. I did a TV demo where I cut the sausage into two 1/2 inch pieces and wrapped with the bacon so once it was cooked I could gently remove the top half (1/2 inch piece) of the kielbasa to create a little cup within the cooked bacon then put some pimento cheese in there. BUT, just putting a little on top is much easier, just not as cool looking.

Comment

• 58limited
                      58limited commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was thinking of cheese topping but didn't think of using two pieces of sausage son one could be removed to make a cup, I was just gonna put cheese on top at the end. I like your idea.

• 58limited
                      58limited commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Clint Cantwell Here is the kielbasa recipe that I used. Next batch I'm going to cut the ground pickling spice back about 25%: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...tic-old-recipe

I'm so doing this! I've got a bunch of Conecuh sausage in the freezer, and some applewood smoked bacon. I'll be doing this for the next party or get-together I host.

Comment

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Inflation is no joke. I have the 1lb pack for what I used to get the 5lb pack for, or close to it.

• jfmorris
                      jfmorris commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah klflowers I think the 4 or 5 pound pack used to be about $10-12, and nows its over $20.

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unfortunately I like it too much to stop eating it. And when my son comes around it disappears pretty fast.

I love bacon. I love kielbasa. This is the start of a beautiful relationship.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here