Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your cookbook shelf look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does your cookbook shelf look like?

I sat in my sofa the other day, had some time to just chill. So I looked around the room, and a stack of books on my 'drink wagon' caught my eye. I realize there's a slight bias towards bbq

Here's some of my books

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0655.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	423810

Pitt Cue is one of the better bbq joints in London. If you have the possibility, go and have a feast. The bottom two are Swedish books. The first one, "Annas mat" (Anna's food) is good. Anna is a food professor (yes, the official title). The second one "All good things from the sea" is by a Swedish chef whom I've met a few times. He knows seafood. Period.

What does your bookshelf look like?

These are my office books, have more at home!

Name:	8D151EDB-E1F6-4347-A661-AC8F16EBDEEC.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	423819

Comment

• 6th Borough BBQ
      6th Borough BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      That BBQ USA book was my first... There is an amazing "Carwash" burger recipe in there!

• lostclusters
      lostclusters commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!

Just one of several here at the compound.

Name:	IMG_1095.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	423824

Comment

I only have 3 two bbq and one very old betty crocker

Comment

I will post after I get home tonight. I don't have many, since I have AR, but I have the basics.

Comment

It's scattered.

Comment

This may take a few min.

The north desk:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	BA36C782-30CD-47CC-B9A0-1CC8EA115B11.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	423858

Comment

I'll spare you the pic, since some (including Henrik's) are in my locker at work, but mine is:

America's Test Kitchen Complete TV Show Cookbook
              Cook's Illustrated Meat Book
              Meathead's book
              Essential Jacques Pepin
              Food Lab (Kenji's book)
              Franklin's book
              Henrik's book.

Comment

• allsid
                allsid commented
                Editing a comment
                Guess I better send you my book...

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                allsid I'd put it with good company!

<b>This channel is for discussion of food, cooking, & technique that doesn't involve an actual recipe;</b> such as recipe questions, wrapping meat, brining, frying, baking tips, etc. Use the proper sub-channel that fits your topic best. If you'd like to simply show off pictures of your cooks, please see the <i>"Show Us What You're Cooking!"</i> channel below, we update the current open topic seasonally. <u>To browse or post actual recipes that can be made</u>, please use the <i>Recipes Only</i> channel above.

Our philosophy of food is simple. First of all, it must taste great. We try to create recipes that are easy to make and that use plenty of fresh seasonal ingredients with a minimum of processed stuff. But most important, we test all our recipes. We know these recipes work if you follow the directions precisely. Dig in!

And electronic versions that pare down to the basic recipes and key notes.

Comment

Name:	aseUf7j.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	423884

Comment

• Willy
                  Willy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The picture (on the bottom shelf) of the Middle Eastern (Afghan?) woman is one I've seen before. It's haunting AND it is an excellent piece of photojournalism. I like the non-book additions you have made to your book shelves.

• lostclusters
                  lostclusters commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Double WOW!

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What do you think of the Wine Folly book? I picked it up a few months ago and haven’t gone really deep yet.

Mine is a trimmed down shelf. I have a lot more but I am trying to reduce the sheer volume by eliminating the ones that are mostly recipe collections and hanging onto the ones that teach cooking. the rest are mostly boxed up. not gone, just cataloged and put away in a more efficient way. as it is, this is the shelf of 'keepers' in a spare bedroom. these shelves are also, as you can see, where I store my small appliances and larger pots so they don't take us as much room in the kitchen. I'm in the process of some renovations in the dining room and (hopefully) the kitchen that will give me new and better places to display the best of my cookbook collection. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7559.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	423888

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks.

• bardsleyque
                  bardsleyque commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you have a Saturn V! thats bad adz!!!

• Karon Adams
                  Karon Adams commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I have been privileged to meet most of the Apollo Astronauts and ever more privileged to call the remaining crew of Apollo 12 my friends.

My cup runneth over. I may try to capture a bookshelf or three.

Comment

Except Meathead’s and Franklin’s book most of mine are in Kindle.

Comment

Obviously some were gifts.

Name:	IMG_0214.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	423989

Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok HH, which one are you? The wildflower or the grumpy weed? LoL!

• HouseHomey
                      HouseHomey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      HawkerXP. I'd like to say flower but Sophia might disagree.

Name:	20171215_184418.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	423992 Here's some of them.

Name:	20171215_184447_001.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	423991

Comment

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure is!

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That Joy of Cooking looks well used.

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My wife's ultimate reference. ;-)

Which is not to say she didn't buy half or more of those books. There are about three more shelf-ish things (or piles) full of more books that didn't get into photos. We like inspiration and learning!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here