Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Salt and Paprika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Salt and Paprika

Recently I had a very successful smoke! I used applewood pellets to smoke kosher salt and regular paprika. As you can see from the photos I spread everything evenly on cookie sheets (only used in smoking) and left enough space for smoke flow. The salt is plain old kosher salt (full box) and the paprika is half of a large container from Sams Club. The salt smoked for 4 hours and the paprika 6 hours. I did move the salt around once during the smoke but not the paprika. I made what I’m calling "Man Bags" to give to my friends for the holidays. In the bag I put 2 jars of my Bourbon Smoked Dill Pickles, 1 block each of Apple Wood Smoked Cheddar, Jack and Muenster cheeses and 2 jars of salt and 1 jar of paprika.
    Attached Files

Really nice! Thx for sharing.

Comment

When can I expect my package????

Comment

Not sure if you've tried before or not... but, make your own paprika and take it up a notch further. Same technique just dry the peppers out so they snap and then grind 'em. You can buy the "proper" paprika peppers on-line or just use red bell peppers.

What tray system is that? Looks a lot classier than the tin foil trays I make for salt, probably more useful for other things too

Comment

May have to give that a try. I have some smoker hickory and honey sea salt that is good.
          Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I took some of my wifes older cookie sheets and some metal pieces from the garage and tack welded them to fit that side of the Ducane. The left side of the grill is still propane and I converted the right side to use for Charcoal. I ordinarily use the grill for my cheeses and my Masterbuilt for smoking with heat. If Im cooking something like a Top Sirloin Cap on that I need around 300 degrees I use the Ducane. I do have trouble producing smoke in my maze when the brill air is super heated so im thinking of buying the Smokemiester.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here