Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple, healthy, and tasty smoothie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple, healthy, and tasty smoothie

I have desperately been trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in my diet. To that end, I'm having great success with smoothies!

Here is my recipe for the lowest effort, simplest and healthiest smoothie, and most importantly tastiest, smoothie I've done.

The trick is to get one of those inexpensive single-smoothie blenders, you know, the ones that double as the cup you drink it out of. I had no idea that a large part of my past aversion to smoothies was simply having to clean the silly blender all of the time!

In one single-serving blender, add:
    • A banana. (Peeled, of course.)
    • A sizable handful of blueberries.
    • A modest handful of baby spinach. (Don't worry, it won't taste anything like spinach.)
    • A tablespoon or so of peanut butter. (The real smooth stuff. The only ingredient on the back of the jar should be peanuts. No palm oil. No sugar. Just peanuts!)
    • Enough milk to fill the container, leaving a bit of room at the top, of course.
    Blend for about 15-20 seconds.

I'll add a few ice cubes in mine to cool it down a bit more. Also, make sure you add more blueberries than spinach, else the concoction will turn an odd shade of green. (Tasty, but still green.)

No need to add any sugar. The natural sweetness of the banana and milk is all you need.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-6476.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1339653

I have one about 5 days a week. I like to toss some flax seeds from the freezer in and grind them, add water, half a frozen banana, 2 oz of frozen blueberries, ice, a scoop of protein powder, and more water.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't think about frozen blueberries! They are cheaper than fresh and might negate the need for ice in mine. I might also try some flax seeds, they sure do seem to be healthy.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I buy bananas then peel and cut them into 4 pieces when they are perfectly ripe and stick them in the freezer with the blueberries and flax seed. The smoothie has a nice thick texture with all the frozen components.
      Last edited by Attjack; December 6, 2022, 05:14 PM.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! The frozen blueberries are the best, imho. I also use the frozen chunks of mango for smoothies. I haven't frozen bananas for awhile, but those are good too. You need less ice when using frozen fruit.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here