Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green bean casserole recipie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green bean casserole recipie

Somebody here has their classic, never fail recipe for Green bean casserole.

I did search, found a dog named green bean!

Ha. Green Bean says hi!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-19 09.56.12.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	1331137

And I do my casserole from scratch but don't really use a recipe. I start with dried porcini mushrooms rehydrated in boiling water. I then make a roux and bring it up with heavy cream and a bit of worcestershire sauce. It can be thinned a bit with some of the rehydration water. Then mixed with parboiled beans and some dried onion rings. Bake at 350 till bubbly then top with onion rings for 5 minutes. In our house, though, my wife swears that the folks in Kansas City have it right and the casserole should be topped with crumbled potato chips. In that case, they go on when it goes into the oven. We have to settle for half onion-topped and half potato chip-topped.

Comment

My wife makes it from scratch. And this isn’t really a recipe - she isn’t home to be able to post on it for now, but if interested let me know and I can get exact amounts for you.

A carton of your preferred mushrooms, cut up. Sautéed in a pan with some oil and s/p. She adds a cup or two of cream and a bit of a cornstarch slurry to thicken this up to a cream.

Fresh green beans, cleaned, trimmed and sautéed as well just a bit. S/p to taste.

For the crispy onions, she takes a few white onions and cuts into thin slices. I believe she uses a mix of gluten free AP flour and cornstarch, tosses the onions with dry ingredients and then shallow fries. S/p to taste

from there, she adds the cream of mushroom, green beans and a little of the fried onion into a baking dish and cooks until it’s hot, and then adds the topping of onions and bakes a few more minutes.

One of my favorite dishes along with her corn bread dressing she makes for turkey day.
      Last edited by barelfly; November 20, 2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Two cans green beans french cut green beans
        1 can cream of mushroom soup
        1./2 can french fried onions
        4 oz peppered bacon crumbles

mix all together and place in 2 inch 1/4 pan aluminum pan then place the other 1/2 french fried onions on top and place onto the grill indirect for 40 mins

Comment

Not sure if this is behind a paywall for you but we do this NYT recipe every year. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...bean-casserole

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here