Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeze dried okra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze dried okra

My wife came home from the beauty shop last Friday with 2 bags of freeze dried okra. Her hair dresser had given her a sample and she loved it. She went by the store where it’s available so we would have some at home. I was skeptical at first because it is this dry crisp green okra pod. When I finally tried it I was amazed, it tastes like good fried okra. It was crisp, no oil, no batter, just a crunchy okra pod. I’ve been sitting here watching the World Series and munching on some just like popcorn. Heck it may even be good for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	F79018A8-6B79-4718-9B79-B839DADB95FA.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	1118902

I love okra, but never without batter, or pickling juices, or swimming in gumbo.

Comment

Oak Smoke Never heard of that before, but I’d sure give it a shot. How do they freeze dry it, do you know? I love okra and pickled okra is one of my favorites also. This is good stuff here, especially the spicy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	221B03BF-C3BA-4298-9149-894A72EDA694.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	1118919
      Last edited by Panhead John; November 2, 2021, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that brand. Good call.

K.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here