Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fry's Cajun Hodgepodge Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JakeT I am deep into this cook and plan on posting photos here and also in the show us what you are cooking thread. I cannot wait to try this soup!. I will tell you that there is ALOT of prep, but I am sure thinking this is going to be worth it. Stay tuned!

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes it worth making a big batch! I can tell you it freezes well, I’ve had it a few times since and is great once defrosted and warmed.

That looks like really good soup/stew! could maybe use a few more ingredients though.

Comment

Ok. I have been at it for a while today. There is a fair amount of prep with this dish and alot of ingredients. First of all, let me say before we get too deep into this post, this recipe is the real deal. If you like soup or even stew, I HIGHLY recommend it.

There are alot of ingredients and the prep time takes a while, however, it is all very much worth it. With so many ingredients not one single ingredient stands out, but you can quickly see how if one were missing that it would be missed. I know this may be by accident since JakeT used what he had, however, this recipe nails it in regard to flavor. For the spices, I can tell you that I did add more oregano and I am glad that I did. Aside from that the seasoning is perfect.

To serve, I decided not to use any real garnish or any sides. This is all on purpose for this first look at this recipe as I wanted to enjoy the star of the show. It was spot on. Next time, I would add some bread, the raw cabbage garnish shown in the recipe or even a grilled cheese sandwich.

What I think about this recipe is that you can basically add what is on your mind and I do not think it will hurt anything.

Make sure you use a large pot, set aside some time for prep and you will get the results of a soup that you will want to do over and over again.

Thanks again Jake T!
      Attached Files

Comment

• JakeT
        JakeT commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree 100% with "add whatever is on your mind", I think it’s a great vessel for "hey I think _____would be good in this!" Thanks for the review I really appreciate it!

Looks awesome! I would eat it as is, but the family isn't too much on cabbage and collard greens. How do they fair in the soup when done? Are they real noticeable or get kind of lost in the whole experience? Could I hide them in there, basically? 🤣
      Last edited by tamidw; February 18, 2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        There is so many different flavors in this soup you cannot taste either. Very good soup.

• JakeT
        JakeT commented
        Editing a comment
        I definitely think they can be hidden.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here