Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stacy’s Boeuf Bourguignon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved this recipe. Thank you.

Comment

Looky here, young man, just cause you aren't in a hurry for the cookbook means NOTHING!!! I am old, and I am in a hurry, so get busy, dagnabit!!!

Seriously, though, that is a great looking recipe, tell Stacy thanks. I have made some from a really old Joy of Cooking cookbook, but it has been several years. I'll have to put this in the rotation soon.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I am 53 years young, darnit!

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John, ecowper is a spring chicken. I hesitate to assign a name to you, though, younger man...

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Hesitate to assign me a name? That’s a first....for me. I’ve been called every name in the book. Appreciate your restraint. klflowers

What a wonderful writeup. Kudos to your Stacy, ecowper . You've got a real catch there--so spoil her rotten, is my advice.

Boeuf Bourguignon is, to my mind, the quintessential comfort food, and Stacy does it justice with this recipe. Congrats.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; January 12, 2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

This recipe will definitely be made this week. Question, would dry brining the beef beforehand be beneficial in any way. I was thinking that it would help with drying the beef before browning but was curious about the salt itself.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Rod, happy to help .... Stacy is really excited about the reaction and adoption of her recipe

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir! Stacy did great! We’re beginning to think that she’s really the master mind behind all those pics you post. The secret is out!

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John damnit, you caught me

ecowper and Stacy thanks so much. I made the beef bourguignon yesterday and my wife declared that it was "the best meal I have ever done" and I think have to agree with her. I caught her helping herself to a midnight snack of the leftovers:-)

To be honest, although I enjoy cooking, most of my efforts to date have been what most would describe as not complicated or easy to produce. Your instructions were a bit more elaborate (steps/time consuming) that I am used to but well worth the effort.

I am recently retired and find myself with more time to spend in the kitchen. Your recipe showed me that the extra steps, although not difficult at all, is well worth the time it took. I'm inspired to become a bit more adventurous now.

Thanks again,

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Rod, thank you for the compliments. Glad that you and your wife enjoyed this. It does get easier when you do it a few times and get the timing down. Enjoy!

Stacy

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Stacy! You did good! Please come around more often. We’re getting a little tired of your husband. 🤣

Well I finally got to make it. We plan our menu weekly and it took me two weeks to get it on the menu. Delicious and decadent. Very rich. I made a 1/2 recipe and served it over buttered egg noodles.

One deviation. I could not find pearl onions. Tried three local stores in my area. Checked the fresh, canned and frozen sections of the stores - nada. Found it on Amazon for $16 for a 10 oz. bag. Too much. I tried Cioppino onions and followed the recipe, but had to peel them and they fell apart. I served them on the side to accompany the stew.

Thanks for posting the recipe.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by TripleB; January 22, 2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, surprised you couldn’t find pearl onions. And that amazon price is silly. We pay about $2.00 for a bag. Stacy just looked at this and said "it looks right"

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here