Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Blue Ribbon! Pulled Pork Sriracha Chili

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMGRATULATIOMS, LifebyC ! Quite an accomplishment!

Comment

Congrats! Can't wait to try the recipe. Thanks for sharing! -- Ed

Comment

I think there should be a Chili sub category in the recipes forum.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Noted!

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee - Chili, Soup, and Stew! and thanks!

Congratulations! I'm going to try this!

Comment

Wow - thanks for sharing! I have an extra butt int he freezer that I've been meaning to smoke, looks like I found my excuse!

Comment

That is amazing looking chili. Outstanding!

Comment

First off.. to share something that won you an award even if it's local is really awesome. Second I'm not a fan of cumin. Cumin seed okay but cumin not my thang. I love making mexican food and to me cumin is what turned mexican into taco bell. I am not in the habit of tweaking recipes before I've tried the original. Either way I'm going to try your recipe and I"m sure it's going to be amazing. I have no doubt. I've just got a prejudice against cumin and green bell peppers.

Comment

That's simply marvelous! Congrats and Kudos!

Comment

making it today we'll see how it goes. I can't wait

Comment

smells great!!!

Comment

Made it last night...marvelous! I made a couple of substitutions as follows: cinnamon instead of allspice because we are out of allspice; I wimped out and didn't smoke the pork butt on Sunday like I had planned (43, rainy and windy. I know, I know I should have sucked it up) so it went in the crock pot for the day; the wife forgot to grab green peppers at the grocery store so we used a bag of frozen chopped peppers we had in the freezer; I forgot that we were out of fresh garlic so it didn't make it onto last week's grocery list so I used 10 pickled garlic cloves that were pickled with a couple of ghost peppers and lastly, I made it on the stove top in a porcelain covered cast iron dutch oven. Oh and one last item, and I forgot to toss in the corn. My wife asked me this morning why there was a can of corn on the table and then the light bulb came on. The next time we make this, the pork will definitely be smoked. While the chili had great flavor, I can see where it would benefit from smoke and rub. Hmm...I guess I could have tossed some rub and liquid smoke in there. I might experiment with the leftovers. I will also toss in some cayenne pepper next time and maybe some Volcano Dust 4 for some extra heat. All-in-all a keeper recipe! Thank you for sharing LifebyC!!!

Comment

Congrats LifebyC, I never thought of Pulled pork for Chili. And I love sriacha. I'm going to have to try this myself. Lots of possibilities. WTG on the blue ribbon too.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe LifebyC , I pulled some pulled pork out of the freezer and made a batch, it was excellent!!

Comment

Ive got a batch sitting in the slow cooker right now... this is an amazing chili dish already and ive only tasted it without MHs pork butt added yet! LifebyC you nailed the heat and the spices. i can see how this got you a blue ribbon. thanks for resending the link in the newsletter, i forgot where the thread ended up!

since it was posted in The Pit, is it now public domain for use at local chili cookoffs? lol. im kidding...
                            or am i? no i am.. maybe...?

Comment

LifebyC ...

Nice job! There's no better feeling than cooking kick ass food and having people reward you for your efforts. Whether it's just saying this tastes outstanding or giving you a Blue Ribbon.

I copied your recipe😄 thanks for sharing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here