Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelized 5 Onion Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carmelized 5 Onion Dip

Thought I'd share this. Did it yesterday and had it today. If you like onion dip, won't go wrong with this.

That's a great looking recipe, will have to try. Thanks for sharing RichieB.
    I did try this recipe at Christmas and received great feedback, but your post is more my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
      Thought I'd share this. Did it yesterday and had it today. If you like onion dip, won't go wrong with this.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/...five-onion-dip
      I'm going to have to try this

Comment

• DennyWoo
        DennyWoo commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG, that looks amazing. This is going to be on the menu for the next card night for sure. Thanks for posting!

Added to Paprika! Sounds tasty…can’t wait to try it!

Comment

I’ve done this version with great success. I garnish with chives.

I’ll have to try this on and compare.

Comment

Tell us what you think. The 5 onions bring a unique taste blend. I really like the shallots and scallions in there.

Comment

OK, so I made this yesterday. I've never used Vidalia onions before. They are much sweeter than I imagined. The dip came out very sweet. I think the amount of salt necessary to turn it around would drive my blood pressure through the roof. As yellow onions are also somewhat sweet, it was too much for me. I'm thinking maybe cut back on the Vidalia onion, forget the yellow and substitute a white onion? And this makes a lot of dip! I'd probably cut it in half. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Comment

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              I scaled to half. Yes it can be sweet. Good idea to adjust if you want it less sweet.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here