Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mississippi Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strat50 View Post

Dr ROK's recipe would make a superb fresh sausage, no cold smoking needed. It's not too far from my andouille recipe.
    That is how I currently make it. Grind, mix, put 1 lb per ziplock, and then freeze. Makes great sausage patties, hash, and the breakfast burritos are fantastic when I use this sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
      I appreciate all the advice you guys have provided. I didn't realize cold smoking was taboo on the site, so I'll look for that info on other sites. Plenty of other good stuff to look at here
      Cold smoking meat, that is. Let's clarify that. We don't want new members thinking we're a buncha crazies with irrational phobias.

If you wanna share cheese, nut, salt, (etc) smoking tips & tricks great! I am going to do salt myself soon, maybe even today or tomorrow. It's just that a huge can of worms gets opened with meats spending time in the danger zone, cured or not, and all it takes is one under-informed individual trying it w/o realizing the dangers and not being as careful as they should and there's trouble. And they got their ideas from "Amazing Ribs"...you know? If you want to do it, Metahead has said before you'll have to get those recipes elsewhere. I have a cold smoking salmon recipe I've used for years, but I am seriously considering altering my methods based on education. Why risk it, is what I'm thinking. I would much rather speak hypotheticals than experiences when it comes to this.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Huskee, I should have been more specific with that comment. There is a lot of good info here on cold smoking other items. Thanks for catching that oversight on my part!

Here is a valuable resource for any food preservation enthusiast from our Government. I use many of these recipes for my home canning, etc. These recipes are time tested and take into account sanitary and danger zone factors. These recipes and techniques are what co-operative extension services use. They cover most canning and preservation techniques.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanx Strat50!

• Strat50
        Strat50 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime, Doc...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here