Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinaker's Steak and Cheese Samies

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very nice. Will surely try this soon! And love the tip on the bread. Had no clue you could go there and purchase just the bread.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yeah, I am not a bread maker, so its easy and their bread is good. Or better than I could make anyway. LOL

Looks awesome!!! I use the same ingredients but in the whole form. Full ribeyes cut 1/4” thick, whole portobello caps, grilled slices of onion....did you use any seasonings? Balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder are what I use.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I use a seasoning from my favorite burger spot that is local to my area. Or I use salt, pepper, granulated onion and granulated onion, banana pepper juice and sometimes I will add a little cream cheese.

I used to make them like that too. To me, the finer texture of the steak eats better. Either way, it will be really good. Let me know how it goes. Thanks for checking it out!

Where's the finished plated sammy?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      The last pic in the series.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker oops, somehow I skipped her...

Dang man! Just made me hungry all over again. That looks so good. Got that marked for when i can get to my griddle.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Do it up once it thaws out up there!

Do you have take out? I want one.
    Happy Griddling on you and PBR too.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I could work on that........but just for you.

Thanks for sharing, looks great. We make Philly’s quite often, but use the frozen Schwan’s or Steak-Eze stuff. I’ll have to see if I can get the butcher to slice up some ribeye to try this.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh dude, come to where the flavor is!

(I think that was a Marlboro commercial a while back)

That looks awesome! That last photo is just insane. THAT’S how you make a sandwich in my book. I just wanna bury my face in dat thing. Plus points for using better cheeses.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on, brother!

ofelles I need that sandwich. That sandwich is ridiculous.

Steve B Seriously, post your recipe man. Those sandwiches are outrageous.

Nice work man. That sammie is stupid. It’s after 10 pm here and now I’m gonna eat something and go to bed. Thanks man!😠

Comment

I am so in on this one especially for a special serving from my wagon one evening. Have been wanting to offer a Philly steak roll for some time. This is a better alternative. I would never have "thunk" to slice the beef water thin before cooking. Hope my meat slicer is up to the task.
    I like the suggestion of adding jalapenos but I'll be leaving out the mushrooms (not for my own helping though). Not sure what compares with American cheese these parts but I'll use Gouda and white cheddar and a panini for the bread. I trust the "meat mulch" will keep well in a Bain Marie.
    Just another reason why I love being part of the Pit.

Comment

I have not gotten a butcher to slice thin. I have typically put the steaks in the freezer for 30 minutes and then sliced as thin as possible.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, they can do it much easier and get it thin!

What a great writeup. Right now I want to eat my monitor to get to that last pic.

Kathryn

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Kathryn. If you try this.......make sure none of those black bears are lurking!

I need a flat top because I love cheesesteaks and these look amazing!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        They are great. Breakfast on them is also awesome too!

Great write-up and awesome looking sandwiches! I'll being trying these for sure. Thanks Spinaker!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet, Bob! Let me know what you think!

These look delicious. Thanks for the thorough write up!

I can’t believe I’ve had my Blackstone for two years and haven’t made cheese steak sammies yet!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You NEED to put that sucks to some real work!

Wow , That looks awesome good write up .

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here