Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​​​​​​​Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

​​​​​​​Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs

I have about 3# in the freezer, now in the refrigerator. I want these and normally do them on the PBJ. I don't want to deal with the cold, wind and some snow. So, I found this. I'll certainly share the cook. The only difference it called for bone in and mine are boneless.

Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs

Pork
    Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 8 hours | Servings: Servings: 6 servings

Ingredients:

3-4 pounds bone-in country style pork ribs
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    salt and pepper
    ¾ cup ketchup
    ¼ cup soy sauce
    ⅓ cup honey
    ¼ cup red wine or apple cider vinegar
    3 tablespoons minced garlic
    ½ teaspoon chili powder
    ½ teaspoon onion powder
    ½ teaspoon dried thyme
    ½ teaspoon dried parsley
    ¼ teaspoon dried mustard
    chopped fresh parsley – optional

Directions:

Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or heavy bottom pan. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper and sear, on all sides, until golden. Remove the ribs from the pan and place them in the Crock Pot.
    To a medium-size bowl, add ketchup, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, onion powder dried thyme, dried parsley, and dried mustard. Whisk together and pour over the ribs. Place the lid on the Crock Pot and cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours or LOW for 8 hours until the ribs are done.
    Remove the ribs to a serving platter, and spoon over the sauce from the bottom of the Crock Pot. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.

Source: https://www.asouthernsoul.com/crock-...-pork-ribs/​

I make a similar version of this and my wife brought it up just today and asked me to make them soon. Talk about timing. I’m going to try your version as soon as I can get to the butcher for some of the ribs. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, I am to please.

We've also done something similar RichieB. Those BR will be great!

Comment

What time is dinner?

Comment

Country style ribs are one of my favorite cooks, either indoors or outdoors. Enjoy!

Comment

Braised country ribs used to be pretty regular for us years ago. They fell out of the rotation for some reason.
          These were one of the few things that my Mom cooked when I was a kid that I really enjoyed. She always did them on the stovetop though.
          sliced onions, bottled bbq sauce mixed with water, and slow cooked until tender.
          I brought that "recipe" with me when I got married, except I did mine in a cast iron pot in the oven...
          Stay warm, and enjoy the wonderful aroma that will be filling your home today..

Comment

Couldn't get the link to work, RichieB . Googled it instead. This link works:

Tender, Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs are coated in a rich sauce are easy to make and perfect for weeknight meals or weekend gatherings.

Kathryn

Comment

• RiverJeff
              RiverJeff commented
              Editing a comment
              And it's printed! Thanks Kathryn!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here