Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Crutch Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Crutch Video

Champion Mark Lambert shows how he does the Texas Crutch for pork ribs. Click here for the science behind the Crutch https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...speed-cooking/

1) Large sheet or two of heavy duty foil or butcher paper
    2) Margarine is easier to use than butter
    3) Meat side down
    4) more margarine
    5) Brown sugar or turbinado
    6) Vinegarry sauce
    7) Fold it tight
    8) Add a splash of citrus soft drink
    9) Seal it tight
    10) Back on the smoker for no more than 1 hour

I’ll try that! Thanks!

Comment

Have yet to wrap anything I've cooked. Think I'll give this a chance because the addition of citrus soda tickles my curiosity. Definitely not using margarine.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        I use Mello Yellow as a spritz or even as an ingredient in jerky cure.

I have tried this once. Ribs were really tender for sure. But I didn’t care for the flavor profile. LOTS of flavor, but too much in my opinion. I like to taste the pork more. In particular I didn’t like the margarine. But hey that’s just me perhaps.

Comment

I use to do something like that (minus the citrus drink), but as Jfrosty27 stated it took away from the pork flavor. If I wrap now, I wrap with butcher paper but with none of the parkay and sugar.

Comment

I have tried this and other variations of it, but I have had zero good results with the meat down (always over cooked and rub washes off). I think it is better with the meat (pork spare ribs) up, 2hrs wrapped, and basting an hour in the juices.. Of course, this is just opinion (mine), therefore in fact right, and all that is holy..

Comment

I usually go with beer as a liquid but you gotta watch the brown sugar, I had praline ribs one night....things were harder than concrete when the brown sugar crystalized.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here