Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pig Cookies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig Cookies!

These sound awesome and I'll definitely be giving them a whirl.
    Pig Cookies so good you’ll be bacon them all season long (thetakeout.com)

From the article:

"The birth of Jesus Christ of Nazareth more than likely did not occur anywhere near December 25...What does happen near December 25 is the winter solstice...Ancient Romans celebrated the festival of Saturnalia,...the pagan solstice transformed into a Christian holiday"

So is this gal saying Christmas is actually a pagan holiday? That sounds about as blasphemous as making a cookie out of a pig!
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; November 30, 2020, 05:47 AM. Reason: Change 'guy' to 'gal', don't want to offend her anymore than I probably already have.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure whether this comment is tongue in cheek or serious, but it is probably best to ignore this part of the article and concentrate on the recipe rather than make this a thing and run afoul of the no religion rule here. If the moderators think this is an issue, feel free to remove the thread. To be honest, I jumped right to the recipe and didn't read the rest.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh come now pkadare you've been around long enough to know that I am rarely serious, if at all. I'm just poking fun at the article. And actually, I made the comment before I finished the article and discovered it was penned by a woman.
      Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; November 30, 2020, 07:41 AM.

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't want to make any assumptions. Snark and sarcasm are sometimes hard to discern over the intertubes. :-)

I make Pig Brittle (peanut brittle with bacon) these would be a good accompaniment.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here