Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Th recipe calls for an Oreo cookie crust as the pic shows. I have made it with a graham cracker crust and I think it is better. The cookie crust puts it over the top IMO

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Yield: 16 servings

Ingredients:
    Crust:
    • 30 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo’s)
    • 6 tablespoon butter, melted
    • Dash of salt
    Cheesecake:
    • 32 oz cream cheese, softened
    • 5 eggs
    • 1½ cup brown sugar
    • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
    • ½ cup heavy whipping cream
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 12oz Reese’s Peanut Butter miniature cups, chilled, unwrapped and roughly chopped
    Topping:
    • ½ cup heavy whipping cream
    • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    • 1-8oz package Reese’s Minis, unwrapped
    Note: Try with graham cracker crust. (see below)

Preparation:

1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Put the chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor and process until they form fine crumbs. Add in the butter and salt and process to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10" springform pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then set aside to cool. After cool, wrap aluminum foil around the sides and the bottom of the springform pan.

2 Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Add in the brown sugar, peanut butter, cream and vanilla; beat until combined. Gently fold in the chopped-up Reese’s Miniatures. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust.

3 Place the pan inside a larger pan and carefully add about 1" of hot water in the larger pan. Bake the cheesecake until it is just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. (maybe 15 minutes more) Turn off the oven and allow the temperature to come down gently for about an 1½ hours. Remove from the oven, cool completely, then refrigerate until completely cold.

Chocolate topping: Heat the cream until simmering, just before boiling. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple minutes, then stir until smooth. Remove the ring from the springform pan. Pour over the top of the cheesecake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Sprinkle the Reese’s minis over the top of the cheesecake.

https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/reeses-peanut-butter-cheesecake/

Oh, HELL YEAH!!!! Thanks, O!

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

16 servings???
    Who you servin? That puppy serves 4 in my house. 😂

It does sound delicious though. And you’re right. The Oreo crust makes a world of difference.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Metric servings. Translates to 4 here in the states.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahahax2!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Metric here means everyone gets a one inch slice and I hoard the rest

Dude....yer hittin me right in the bread box....peanut butter and cheesecake....I am so in!!!!
    My SIL has made a version of this that just rocks.

Comment

My kind of cheese cake! Especially since i dont have to chop white chocolate and risk my thumb!

Comment

Excellent! Thank you!

Comment

Oooo.. peanut butter n cheesecake

Comment

This very sim to Peanut Butter Pie. A favorite when I was kid...I will see if I can find the recipe

Comment

I am in noo Bout-a-doubt it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here