Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Stir Fry Sauce Recipes Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Stir Fry Sauce Recipes Here

The other day I did a stir fry on my griddle and remembered that someone posted a basic stir fry sauce that they liked. I wanted to try it but couldn’t remember who it was. I now know it was Michael_in_TX . There’s so many of us that are getting woks and griddles recently, that stir frys are becoming pretty popular around here. My reason for starting this post is I’m hoping we can have one post here to use for all of our favorite sauce recipes…recipes only please. That way we won’t have to click on 10 different posts to try and find a recipe. Pics of your sauce and the finished product would be great, include those if you can! Include finished pics of the stir fry itself too if you want. Also, if you’ve tried a “stir fry sauce in a bottle” and you liked it, can you give any recommendations? I bought a Kikkoman stir fry sauce and used it for my cook, it was ok but nothing special. I bought it to use when I’m lazy and don’t feel like making a sauce. I’ll be including a recipe I like later. So, give us your favorite sauce recipes and include however many you want! Thanks!

This stir fry sauce was….ok to use in a pinch

Click image for larger version  Name:	574DC544-4E95-49C5-9358-98CA5FE4D12E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	1389752
    Last edited by Panhead John; March 10, 2023, 06:30 PM.

My son make a concoction with Hoisin, teriyaki and honey siracha that's really quite passable.
    There's no set measurements of the ingredients, he just goes by taste.

Comment

I really like this stir fry sauce

Click image for larger version

Name:	5935E282-E3AF-4220-AF0D-91E2318F0032.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1389777

And the bonus is it’s sugar free.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ssandy! Going to try it. Internet only or is it sold in stores?

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        I get it at my local grocery store

Here is one I really like to make from Sam the Cooking Guy:

Makes about 1 cup

INGREDIENTS
      • 2 cloves garlic, minced
      • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped fine
      • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
      • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
      • 1/4 cup soy sauce
      • 1/4 cup chicken broth, vegetable broth or even water
      • 1 tablespoon sriracha
      • 2 tablespoons sugar
      • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
      DIRECTIONS
      1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or Tupperware and mix well
      2. Stir fry about 2 cups any combination of diced vegetables and/or seafood, chicken or beef until protein is just cooked through
      3. When just done, add 1/2 to 2/3 of sauce, mix and let thicken slightly – about a minute and serve

Comment

I'll show you some of the sauces I use to make my sauces.

Name:	71vSvE9CViL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1389785

Name:	il_1140xN.4690665799_jktm.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1389786

Name:	105c206a-a52e-4475-ab10-83e656d8e361.d392b9fa5ada474f4b07f1dc0cf5467d.jpeg?odnHeight=2000&odnWidth=2000&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1389787

Name:	71QfKse-YIL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1389788

Name:	51+7+cV36oL._SL1200_.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1389789

Name:	YaegakiSakeJunmai_1800x1800.png?v=1583871777.png
Views:	200
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1389790

Comment

Here's my go to recipe:
        3 oz teriyaki sauce I use this teriyaki sauce.
        1 tbs soy sauce
        1 tbs sesame sauce
        1 tbs bean paste (it comes in several concoctions - the current one has garlic in it)
        1/2 tbs chili bean paste - this is hot and SWMBO doesn't like very spicy. You can use more if ya like it spicy.
        This makes enough sauce for a stir fry for two with a little left over.
        I marinate the protein in it for at least 30 minutes, and pour more in to heat it up when everything else is cooked.

Go tp post # 936 on this page to see the finished meal.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Ron!

I haven’t heard of using a single “stir fry” sauce in th art of Chinese/Asian wok cooking. Each food & dish requires its own mixture as Attjack showed. One oftens uses one or multiple to suit the taste desired with the dish. No comprende with this stir fry sauce thing. It is not BBQ, just sayin.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely nailed it.

I have to admit that I do a LOT of stir frying ... but I never use a "stir fry sauce", per se. I generally fry in screaming hot peanut oil and season layer by layer with salt, sugar, pepper, etc., as needed. The only sauce I use is either a marinade (usually for one or more proteins) or a finishing touch for the overall dish. Most often, the finishing touch is little more than soy sauce ... possibly enhanced a bit with sake, dashi, or something similar ... but it's never strong enough to hide the dish itself.
        Last edited by MBMorgan; March 10, 2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          There seems to be no shortage of people willing to post their recipe and it’s only a few hours old. Is there no such a thing as stir fry sauce? If you don’t use a stir fry sauce that’s fine but many people do.
          Last edited by Panhead John; March 14, 2023, 01:19 PM.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, while we use prefer using a built up sauce, no harm no foul using a prepared sauce

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John , to quote I think it was John Belushi onced upon a time, exxcuuuuuuuuse me. I am verrrry sorrrry I had an opinion. I will proceed to check with some important people before I post any thing next time, NOT!
          🙃✌️

great for depth in Soups, stews, beans and stir fry.

Comment

I like Nagi's Real Chinese All Purpose Stir Fry Sauce from her Recipe Tin Eats 'blog and her cookbook entitled Dinner. . Follow the recipe link because there's a ton of info there on how much to use with each type of stir fry (noodles vs. noodle-free stir fry, for example), plus amounts of ingredients for several different stir fry dishes.

These are the basic stir-fry sauce ingredients, enough for 12 servings
          • 1/2 cup light soy sauce or all purpose soy sauce (the reason for the light soy sauce which is saltier, is to keep the stir-fry sauce's color light)
          • 1/2 cup oyster sauce
          • 1/4 cup Chinese wine, called Shaosing / Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry). Nagi's Note: If you don't use Shaoxing wine, the stir fry won't have that authentic Chinese stir-fry flavor.
          • 1/4 cup cornstarch / cornflour
          • 1 tbsp sugar
          • 2 tbsp sesame oil , toasted
          • 1 tsp ground white pepper (Nagi's Note: I sometimes use 1 TBL, I like the spiciness!)
          ​Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; March 11, 2023, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I also like Woks of Life Stir Fry Sauce recipe. It makes enough for 12 servings, or 3 stir fry dishes, assuming 4 servings per dish. It stores well in the fridge for a few weeks.
            • ▢ 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or vegetable or mushroom stock; 350ml)
            • ▢ 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
            • ▢ 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or granulated sugar)
            • ▢ 2 teaspoons sesame oil
            • ▢ 1/4 cup soy sauce (can sub gluten-free soy sauce or tamari)
            • ▢ 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
            • ▢ 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (or vegetarian or gluten-free oyster sauce)
            • ▢ 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
            • ▢ 1/4 teaspoon salt

Kathryn

Comment

The Flippin' Awesome Backyard Griddle Cookbook has some stir fry sauce recipes in a chapter, but the only one I've mixed up was the Asian fry sauce, and I liked it a lot. Just used it once though, and ended up dumping a bunch after a month in the fridge. Next time I'll cut it in half unless I know I am stir frying for a bunch of folks.

Aside from that I have found that I don't use much on the griddle or wok beyond soy sauce or teriyaki sauce. And that at the end of the cook, as otherwise it burns. Any sauce with sugar almost has to be combined in at the very tail end of the cook.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              I marinate protein in my sauce, (and drain before cooking), but you are correct - it always burns some. I wind up scraping most of it out after removing the protein(s) from the wok. If I leave it, it gets hard and then flakes off into the dish.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              I wonder, RonB , whether you might just add the stir fry sauce at the end, since most of the marinade ingredients don't penetrate the meat anyway, just coating it. It seems as though adding the "marinade" at the end of the stir fry cook accomplishes the same purpose, that of flavoring the dish, including the meat. Just a thought.

Kathryn

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              fzxdoc - it's worth a try. If SWMBO doesn't notice, it will be a winner.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here