Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five-Minute Egg Fried Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five-Minute Egg Fried Rice

This is something I've been messing with over the past few days: an ultra-simple, ultra-fast fried rice recipe.

The key to this dish's speed is to use these one-cup servings of pre-cooked rice. Minute Rice is the most popular, and the one I use, but I have seen others out there. It looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 7.01.13 PM.png
Views:	251
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	1321901

To make this fried rice:
    1. Start heating a non-stick pan over medium heat.
    2. In a bowl, combine:
      1. Two eggs, whisked
      2. One cup of pre-cooked rice (do not microwave, use as is).
      3. One tablespoon or so of neutral oil.
      4. One tablespoon or so of oyster sauce.
    3. Once the pan is heated, pour in the rice mixture. It will seem like way too much liquid, but this is okay. Stir near constantly. As it cooks, the liquid will mostly evaporate and it will tighten up. Once you start seeing strands of egg (they look "shredded" to me), you're done.
    4. Pour into a bowl, garnish with some sesame seeds, sesame oil, or furikake if you have it!
    Obviously, you can go even further with this by stirring in some finely diced vegetables (I like carrots) or even some other protein, cooked chicken or salmon, for example.

I so wish I could cook some decent fried rice. The best I've had has been laced with strips of scrambled egg.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw a video by a Japanese chef where he separated yolks and coated all the rice with them, then stirred in the whites, then fried the rice. I wouldn’t separate yolks to make fried rice, but maybe mixing before frying would work.

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      It easy and not really fried. Start with cold rice. Scramble or fry the egg first, set aside. Now do your protein if it’s not cooked already and set aside. Now stir fry the veggies, add the rice and soy sauce to get the color. Toss until the rice is warmed through, add the egg and protein and toss a bit more. Serve. For spices you want some garlic, ginger and just a touch of red pepper flakes. It’s that subtle background heat that makes it.

Made me some Fried Rice just last night (pre-cooked rice, onion, bacon, egg, and green onion). Yum.

Grew up on Minute white rice. It was part of my Dad's signature breakfast dish - Eggs, bacon and white rice.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      It is so good and fast!

I wonder what Uncle Roger would think. IYKYK. 😂

Comment

• bmillin
      bmillin commented
      Editing a comment
      My thoughts exactly

• RobertC
      RobertC commented
      Editing a comment
      “Hai-ya! You hear sizzling? I hear my ancestors crying.”

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, my dish is certainly not Uncle Roger approved. I didn't even add any white powder!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here