Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChuckZilla on the Jim Bowie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChuckZilla on the Jim Bowie

Good Morning all, 04:45 +19* ambient and the Chuck Roast is on. Using Henrik Cookbook’s Technique and Rub less the salt. Some Bulletproof Coffee and top off the Pellet hopper and off to the Shop. Let’s see how this Server Mode works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7145A56F-C14C-433D-854A-407B650F3943.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	448786

Nicely marbled chuck.

Comment

Nice! That one will turn out great.

Comment

Lookong forward to the results!

Comment

That hunk o' meat is a great start.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm......! 🤔 👍

Comment

Super cool! That chuckie looks good

Comment

Agree! That does chuckie looks good. I’m going to do one or two when I get home to make Malcom Reed’s chili recipe.
                Last edited by DWCowles; February 2, 2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Chuckie never looked so good.

Comment

Things I have learned the Hard Way and will never do again.
                    Journal Entry 665:
                    If the Grill Manufactures recommend NOT to leave the grill unattended, DO NOT Leave the grill unattended!

Update on the Cook. Running the grill on Server Mode I checked my phone and found it @ 500* Original setpoint was 225*. I reset it back to 160 to make sure it wasn’t completely out of control and it responded just fine. Slowly raised the setpoint back to 190 and watched the meat temperature stabilize. My wife was home for lunch so I had her check the Smoke Thermometer she said All was ok. I was heading home at this point anyway. As I was driving home the low pellet alarm went off on my Phone, no big deal I am almost there. I add enough pellets to keep it going till I can go inside and get a pan, I check Smoke temp 487* again! I have the Chuck in the Oven in Foil, it does not look too bad I will find out in a bit. It smells delicious, and I think I was able to power-through the Stall.
                    I am going to reach out to Tech Support and see if they know about any issues that may be causing this. I also am going to ask them if there is a High Limit Saftey on the grill to shut it down past a safe temperature.
                    I can tell you I will never leave it running again without supervision.
                    Last edited by Pirate Scott; February 2, 2018, 01:54 PM. Reason: Oops hit post wasn’t done.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing says "power through the stall" like a 500° pit temperature hehe

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I Wish I Could Offer Some Suggestions❗️ I have "0" Experience with a Pellet Smoker (Grill)❓ I'm Glad You Saved Your Roast‼️
                      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND❗️ Dan

• Steve R.
                      Steve R. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, that stinks. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a pellet grill, I would think.

Final results were very good, I guess I should record the details of this cook. 😂

Name:	831F247E-FE58-407D-8482-91E0A3AAECFD.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	449076

Name:	A1AB556B-2181-4361-8756-B7C8BA3B060C.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	449075

Name:	232EDD3B-3507-445B-A4B8-1795EB4C2269.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	449077

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Money shot with those mushrooms.

Beautiful Job, Brother!
                    Droolin, here!

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                      Pirate Scott commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank You Sir, it was an interesting cook.

Looks delicious!

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                      Pirate Scott commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, it was the best I have done.

Looks fabulous!

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                      Pirate Scott commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks DW.

Nice job, looks like it turned out good. How was the bark?

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                      Pirate Scott commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was good, I thought it was gonna be Burnt to a Crisp. There was a lot of fat. When I took it off it was Sizzling.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here