Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE announces new indoor pellet smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post deleted
    Last edited by BostonBestEats; April 27, 2024, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Pulled some chicken out of the freezer over the weekend, dry brined it, and decided to do another quick cook in the GE. As someone who has always been a charcoal/wood cooker, I continue to be impressed with this little "pellet smolderer."

The chicken turned out nice and juicy, with a decent smoke flavor - and I decided to make some pulled chicken out of the leftovers.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5145.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	1570935

Click image for larger version  Name:	Motion-Still-2024-03-18.gif Views:	0 Size:	8.51 MB ID:	1570936

I'm now pretty much out of the pellets that came with the cooker. I am looking forward to trying other brands/flavors of pellets to see how different the smoke profile may or may not be.
      Last edited by NumbWhistle; March 18, 2024, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Post deleted

Comment

Post deleted

Comment

Not trying to smack the hornet’s nest, but I’m genuinely curious. At the height of an indoor cook with “full smoke”, does your CO detector even take notice and register anything? Or does it stay asleep?

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe he’s already commented to the extent of “no issues” so it definitely keeps the smoke in.

• NumbWhistle
              NumbWhistle commented
              Editing a comment
              No issues with smoke or carbon monoxide. My detectors for each didn’t make a peep. I read Max’s review, a perhaps I had lower expectations than he did on smoke flavor.

I’ve also only made chicken this far, so perhaps the smoke flavor is easier to detect in poultry. I will say it can be a challenge having to shift the meats around to ensure even cooking, but I don’t know if that is unique to this cooker.

skeptical

Comment

Post deleted

Comment

• Midwest Economist
                Midwest Economist commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the response! That’s exactly what I was looking for!

Post deleted
              Last edited by BostonBestEats; April 27, 2024, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Post deleted
                Last edited by BostonBestEats; April 27, 2024, 05:40 AM.

Comment

GE Profile's Smart Indoor Smoker is a sealed oven with a 1,550 watt electric element at the bottom for cooking heat. Wood pellets are burned inside to generate smoke. Smoke exhaust is eliminated by a catalytic system located in the back before being blown out from the front bottom into your home. A fascinating magic trick. Read our review to learn more.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here