Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Alpha Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilla Alpha Connect

I got the upgrade a few weeks ago and it is pretty slick. I didn't document the installation but it went pretty quickly. Since then the only thing I have used is the Chimp. The connect doesn't graph or save cooks like the fireboard, but it works like a champ. I monitored a cook from my office downtown, changed the temps and set some alarms. Here is a shot of the interface
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211009-155157_Grilla Grills.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1107445
    I am really tempted to get rid of the WSM and replace it with an OG.

I just upgraded my OG with the new Alpha Connect and, like you, experienced no issues with the installation. I could probably have lived without it … but MCS might have killed me . Regardless, the new controller takes the OG to a new, higher level.

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m with you, my friend. For a number of reasons, I now depend entirely on my Weber Gasser plus OG combo for all my outdoor cooking. I think that an OG plus kettle would be even better. Go for it!

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      If burn restrictions weren’t such a local PITA around here, I’d probably have a Weber 26” out back, too. In fact, I just might have to make it happen.

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got an OG, 22” Kettle and 28” Blackstone. I don’t see me needing anything else.

..., ..., ...!

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      DITTO

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      The call has faded somewhat. I was in Ace the other day and it was so faint I could hardly hear it.

Not sure if you all had it before but I love the pause function. It’s so nice not getting heat spikes after opening up the door.

Comment

I am glad y'all are enjoying the app. It looks like Grilla knocked it out of the park again. I hope to join you someday!

Comment

Very impressed with Grilla so far.

Comment

Yup. Me too. What’s the pause feature do?

Comment

• IFindZeroBadCooks
            IFindZeroBadCooks commented
            Editing a comment
            Basically tells the controller to ignore the next five minutes so you can open the lid without creating a temp spike. Damn smart.

Do any of you have issues with the app closing if your phone screen is turned off for a period of time? With mine, the app reboots if I leave the screen off for a while or switch to other apps.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not experienced this issue. I use an Android.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I have not had that problem. When I first connected it it lost the wi fi signal a couple of times, but it corrected itself and I haven't had any problems since. Android.

Never had an issue with the iPhone app since I’ve had my grill since April.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          Rubs Promo