Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilla Alpha Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• au4stree
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the feedback. Our new mesh system(Netgear Nightwawk) might have done a firmware update. It appears now that I can designate the guest as 2.4. Will update here after i get my grill and the solution. I'm like a kid at Christmas, will the grill ever get here....

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    Originally posted by au4stree View Post
    Does Alpha connect require 2.4 or 5.0 ghz band? My new router is not like other brands, im unable to designate a particular band when connecting devices, unlike my older(now dead) router.

I guess i could always go buy a cheap wifi extender for 2.4ghz devices.
    Yep, the Alpha Connect, like many IoT devices is 2.4 GHz only. I've got the same issue as you....occasionally some of my systems downgrade themselves to the 2.4 GHz band to my utmost annoyance. Getting a 2.4 GHz only extender is actually an
    interesting solution to that problem (although I already have a dual band extender in place).

Another thing I've been meaning to do, but I keep forgetting until the grill is turned off is run an nmap scan against it and/or fire up wireshark and see what it is doing.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    It will only connect to a 2.4Ghz network. I’ve got a dual band 2.4/5.0Ghz mesh router setup and it connected right away with no issues.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    Something occured to me that I over looked before buying, won't be a huge deal just more difficulty in setting up wifi and the app. Does Alpha connect require 2.4 or 5.0 ghz band? My new router is not like other brands, im unable to designate a particular band when connecting devices, unlike my older(now dead) router.

I guess i could always go buy a cheap wifi extender for 2.4ghz devices.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I have not had that problem. When I first connected it it lost the wi fi signal a couple of times, but it corrected itself and I haven't had any problems since. Android.

• radiodome21
    replied
    Never had an issue with the iPhone app since I’ve had my grill since April.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    I have not experienced this issue. I use an Android.

• DVal
    replied
    Do any of you have issues with the app closing if your phone screen is turned off for a period of time? With mine, the app reboots if I leave the screen off for a while or switch to other apps.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    The call has faded somewhat. I was in Ace the other day and it was so faint I could hardly hear it.

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    DITTO

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Basically tells the controller to ignore the next five minutes so you can open the lid without creating a temp spike. Damn smart.

• radiodome21
    replied
    Yup. Me too. What’s the pause feature do?

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Very impressed with Grilla so far.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    I am glad y'all are enjoying the app. It looks like Grilla knocked it out of the park again. I hope to join you someday!

Leave a comment:

• ssandy_561
    commented on 's reply
    I got an OG, 22” Kettle and 28” Blackstone. I don’t see me needing anything else.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here