Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review my new GMG Ledge Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that I have been using the smoke tube that was an accessory that came with my GMG prize and it works well to enhance the smoke in the unit. I don't use it for everything because sometimes I want more subtle smoke. It worked great with these ribs though.

Comment

Nice write up. Do you find yourself using the BGE less or more now that you have the pellet smoker?

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering the same thing. Of course, its always the new toy that gets the most use for a while! When I won my Slow 'N Sear Kamado in January 2020, I don't think I cooked on anything else for several months... gradually I started working the other grills back into the mix.

• ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg
        ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for not responding sooner. The past year I’ve been working toward moving to CO, which we did in June. Anyway…I do use my Egg less often just because I have another cooker that has different strengths. I use the egg a lot for grilling because it’s fantastic. I also use it with the table to roast my spatchcock turkey for Thanksgiving. Pizza is also terrific on the Egg. Long, low & slow smokes I now use the Green Mtn. pellet, if I want more enhanced smoke, I’ll fill & light up the smoke tube

• ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg
        ChrisLovesHisBigGreenEgg commented
        Editing a comment
        I also love the rotisserie accessory on the Green Mtn. It’s awesome for chickens and like I posted before, herbed boneless leg of lamb. And…I cure and smoke pork belly for bacon routinely and I always smoke it on the Green Mtn. pellet now because it’s a lot easier to manage the low temp.

Now you're talk'in, good look'in ribs, Chris.

The blossoms would tempt me if you left out the goat cheese that I don' like. That still leaves some alternatives on the table such as herbed ricotta or one of the Boursin, Rondele varieties, etc.

Comment

Congratulations and a nice write up.

Comment

I just decided to pick up one of these based on the main site review and yours. Looking forward to do some smoking on it vs on my Akorn!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            My sister bought one of these back in the spring and absolutely loves it. She also got the pizza oven attachment and raves about that too.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here