Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilling Area (Outdoor Kitchen) Build has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice work. Looks like your going to have a great space.

Comment

Awesome! I'm planning /working on one as well! Unfortunately, I am far from running water so won't have a sink. I'm planning a stainless steel counter.

Comment

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering how much it would cost to go stainless?

• Barry Friesen
      Barry Friesen commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking at a 'U' shaped counter 1/8" thick, 10' long with a 4' x 18 return at both ends . The edge will be bent down to give a finished edge. The estimate I have is $1000 CAD but may change a little as we are work out the details.

Nice looking setup! Go ahead and dive into welding - its another fun and satisfying hobby. You can build your own 48" x 24" reverse flow or offset for under $1000.00

Comment

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm think that is the next project after I'm finished.

Quick update:

I have been out of town working and working some weekends so not much progress to report. I do have all the materials to finish except the veneer brick / stone or whatever I decided to put on the outside.

The house received hail damage from the storm 2 weeks ago while I was out of town working. I'm waiting to see if I'll be getting the house resided. If so, I'll move / disassemble part of the structure so they can side behind it. I have a little framing to do for some more doors I bought. Also the next steps are the wiring and plumbing (The sub panel is on the side of the house, hence a work stoppage).

Comment

This is going to be one fine outdoor kitchen, very, very nice. Keep the updates coming.

Comment

Looking great! After you finish, you will want another area for your Weber kettles. They are truly great little cookers.

Comment

• Black99vette
          Black99vette commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, wish I had more space to incorporate the kettles and smokers.

MAN! I have wanted a summer kitchen all my life!!

Comment

Well I didn't make the progress I hoped for this summer, but so is life and projects. Anyhow I have a new Cal Flame P4 sitting in the outdoor kitchen and temporarily hooked up to propane. The final plan is to connect the grill to a natural gas line form the house. Next year plan is to pour the concrete counter tops and finish the outside with some sort of stone. Also I need to plumb the sink. I have the electrical %80 complete.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181111_132450_HDR.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	592230

Comment

One of the reason I didn't finish the kitchen this year is I got a late start due to finishing up a project for the wife. I always think I can do these things faster each time!

Name:	20180902_132314.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	592234

Comment

• SMOG MAN
          SMOG MAN commented
          Editing a comment
          I seem to tell myself that I will get it all done faster than the next guy, but as I get older it does require me re-evaluating my expectations of myself, what my wife wants (And trying to adjust my lazy streak) and try to just kick some ass and get it done. I feel ya.

Some day...

Get a 26" so if you have buyer's remorse or are out of room I can drive to you to get it.

Comment

• Black99vette
          Black99vette commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL - 26 Weber? I'd like to get a Lone Star 24x48 but realistically only have room for a 24x30. A Weber 26 would be the cost effective way to go! I have two 22 kettles currently.

That is going to be nicer than my inside kitchen! Cool!

Comment

Open that Cal up & show us some cookin. This’ll be a great kitchen when done.

Comment

First cook on the P4. A grill with lights!!! For the first time in my life I don't have to take a light outside to cook (Or deal with the poor porch light). A few chicken breast, Halibut, and some veggies. After cooking with charcoal most of my life this was kind of nice. The wife was pretty excited I grilled on week night, typically by the time I get home from work there isn't enough time or energy for me to grill.

Name:	20181119_183003_HDR.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	595638

Name:	20181119_190519.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	595639

Comment

I finally made good progress this summer and was finally slow down, no stopped, by the birth of my daughters!

Name:	20190924_174408.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	747707
              Hoping to have everything except the plumbing done this year. Just not sure on the sink drain. Anyone here know the Illinois plumbing code inside and out?

Name:	20190924_174420.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	747708
              Sink is right above the double doors on the left

Name:	20190924_174715.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	747709
              Room for a Weber 26 or Lonestar 30 (Which appears they don't make any more). I could probably get a Blackstone 28 in there as well but I really want the Proseries 36".

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                This birth of daughter thing does throw a wretch in ones plans, but a good wrench none the less.
                Nice looking kitchen your assembling, I'm jealous.
                Where you on the G8 Board with the same screen name?

• Black99vette
                Black99vette commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. Don't think I'm on the G8 board? I have used this screen name since 99.

That looks great.

Comment

• Black99vette
                Black99vette commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Ron! It has been more work than I thought, but then again most projects go that way.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here