Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilling Area (Outdoor Kitchen) Build has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilling Area (Outdoor Kitchen) Build has Begun

Well after years of dreaming, planning, and research I have ordered materials and begun! I have ordered and received a Cal Flame P4. I'm leaving space for a Lone Star Grillz adjustable 24x30 charcoal grill (I might not pull the trigger on it this year). In the mean time a Weber 22 (Or maybe a 26) will sit in the space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0930.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	345641

Name:	IMG_0931.JPG
Views:	493
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	345640

Awesome! I'll be eagerly watching this space.

Comment

Damn right, brother!!! That is gonna be a great set up. I love those Lone Star Grillz products, true craftsmanship. I am looking forward to watching the progression of this one. Give us some more details. What else is going in, and where? What are you using for a counter top? Are you planning on running water and power out there too?
      It looks like its off to a great start!

Comment

That is looking good already! Let's do this!

Comment

Weber 22" or 26"... go big or go home!👍 You will NEVER complain about having too much cooking space, EVER! Try to get 4 racks of ribs on a 22" Weber kettle.😬

Comment

• Black99vette
            Black99vette commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that is why I have two 22 right now. I really wanted to go with the Lone Star 48, but I don't think I'd use it enough. I can't see cooking on a 48" for me and the wife.

Looks great so far - keep the photos coming.

Comment

Great start to the build, will be watchin' as you go.

Comment

Looking good my friend.
              You should definitely get the LSG this year and have your whole project completed.
              Keep in mind LSG can have a 4-5 month waiting period depending on how backed up they are.
              And please keep the pics coming.

Comment

• Black99vette
                Black99vette commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Yes I have debated ordering the LSG, and have spoken with them about shipping cost (ouch). I have been kicking the idea around about learning to weld and build my own grill (I probably draw it on cad and have the parts CNC).

This looks pretty awesome. I'll be moving into a new home soon and hopefully planning projects like this, I look forward to the progression!

Comment

A full outdoor kitchen is a dream of many. I think your project could give some NOK (New Outdoor Kitchen) syndrome. I have my slab poured, but I am only going for a covered grill station. After seeing your project I am trying to show restraint.

Comment

• kmhfive
                  kmhfive commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now is the time to think BIG!

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hell yea LA. You only live once. Go for it.
                  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Nice Framing!! I like that you did it with metal studs.

Comment

• Black99vette
                  Black99vette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, first time I did any thing major with them - PITA. But I have seen too many fire pictures to go with wood, it was worth the extra time. I would consider going metal tubing and learning to weld next time.

All,

Thanks for the interest, encouragement, and complements.

As requested more details:

I have power run to the area already (old hot tub), so yes I'll have power. I'll plan on putting in some outlets in the back splash an one under the grill as it takes power. Also I plan on some lights above the counters and grills, probably something hanging down. An outdoor ceiling fan is in order as well. And I need to find some lights to go under the counter.

The two large openings are for 30" double doors, one under the gasser and the other under the sink. The sink will have hot and cold water. I'm debating on a small sink or a full size one. I leaning toward a bigger sink so I could wash grill grates and such, or fill it with ice and drinks. My kitchen is located directly behind the wall so I'll also (from the basement) be able to run a NG line to the grill.

The smaller opening to the right of the grill is for a 3 drawer unit. I have a few smaller doors on order, two with will go on the back side to give access for storage and to the electrical as I'm planning on putting in s sub panel.

I'll probably pour concrete counter tops in place. Living in cold Illinois I think it is the most cost effective solution. Finally I'm planning on a stone veneer with brick veneer in the charcoal grill area.

My 76 year old father was in town 4 weeks ago and help me bang out the pergola. Man I hope I can work like he does at 76!

Name:	20170706_114118.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	345917

Name:	20170605_165323.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	345918

Comment

Really nice work. The plans sound awesome!

Comment

Nice... I just finished... errr.. completed phase one on mine. Couple of electrical tid bits to finish and plants to install but my winter project is sending out smoke every weekend. You will get tremendous enjoyment out of it being as you are doing it yourself.

Comment

Here are some plans / ideas I drew in Punch landscape software just over a year ago.

Name:	Patio-1.png
Views:	376
Size:	543.4 KB
ID:	346871

Name:	Patio-2.png
Views:	395
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	346872

Name:	Patio-3.png
Views:	394
Size:	646.2 KB
ID:	346873

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here