Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor sink / clean station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor sink / clean station

I need an area outside to clean grates and other grill related items. Any outdoor sinks or anything like that where I can create a small area for cleaning. We do get a decently cold winter so has to be able to handle cold weather when not in use. Not sure where to start. Any help would be great.

If it is really cold, as in subfreezing temperatures, you will either have to put it in a heated facility or be able to blow out the lines or drain after each use.

As for the sink, check salvage yards or restaurant supply stores for a used commercial stainless sink. Or keep an eye out for restaurant auctions.

Comment

• Macktechie
      Macktechie commented
      Editing a comment
      Do the plastic outdoor sinks with feel last?

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Macktechie I don't have any experience with them. If they are made for outdoors I'm sure they will last, but not as long or as durable as steel. Come to think of it, I saw a new stainless steel sink at Costco in Wenatchee, I think it was a couple hundred. But you can, or at least could have, picked up a used commercial for half that. Here is a link to the Costco one, and a larger one as well. https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch...ess+steel+sink

Depending on the height (relative to your sewer line) and distance (from the sewer line) you may need a sump pump to pump the waste up to the sewer level. They require an electrical connection and are limited to how high (their head) they can pump.

Comment

What about something like this that you could run off a garden hose and disconnect when it gets cold:

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...BoCJwIQAvD_BwE

Comment

Would plastic sinks with feet work?

Comment

Not sure if this would be an option for you or not. https://store.grillagrills.com/produ...for-bbq-island

Comment

Does anybody have suggestions for tubs/containers suitable for submerging grill (and or wall oven) grates to soak? I've done the "place the grate on top of a tarp/plastic bag" thing, but didn't know if others had better advice)

Not going to use the master bathtub again.

Comment

• johnec00
              johnec00 commented
              Editing a comment
              I use a water heater drain pan (Lowes/Home Depot). Not sure they make one big enough for the oven grate, but works for round BGE grate and smaller vertical smoker grates.

We plumbed one from our patio into our house plumbing. With the ability to shut it off, and drain the lines for winter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD756E0D-BEFB-4041-A7BE-75B9DEAF7F3A.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1109357
            Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 13, 2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I go to the do it yourself car wash. They have grease traps and everything.

Comment

They make fold up prep tables that you hook a garden hose up to it. Maybe put it away after each use.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo