Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor sink / clean station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor sink / clean station

I need an area outside to clean grates and other grill related items. Any outdoor sinks or anything like that where I can create a small area for cleaning. We do get a decently cold winter so has to be able to handle cold weather when not in use. Not sure where to start. Any help would be great.

Depending on the height (relative to your sewer line) and distance (from the sewer line) you may need a sump pump to pump the waste up to the sewer level. They require an electrical connection and are limited to how high (their head) they can pump.

Comment

What about something like this that you could run off a garden hose and disconnect when it gets cold:

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
        Bad Hat BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice find Murdy. My Yardistry Pavililion will be assembeld next week.....this is a nice addition

Would plastic sinks with feet work?

Comment

Not sure if this would be an option for you or not. https://store.grillagrills.com/produ...for-bbq-island

Comment

Does anybody have suggestions for tubs/containers suitable for submerging grill (and or wall oven) grates to soak? I've done the "place the grate on top of a tarp/plastic bag" thing, but didn't know if others had better advice)

Not going to use the master bathtub again.

Comment

• johnec00
            johnec00 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use a water heater drain pan (Lowes/Home Depot). Not sure they make one big enough for the oven grate, but works for round BGE grate and smaller vertical smoker grates.

We plumbed one from our patio into our house plumbing. With the ability to shut it off, and drain the lines for winter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD756E0D-BEFB-4041-A7BE-75B9DEAF7F3A.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	1109357
          Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 13, 2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Bbqmikeg
            Bbqmikeg commented
            Editing a comment
            Friggin Wow! I dig it.

I go to the do it yourself car wash. They have grease traps and everything.

Comment

They make fold up prep tables that you hook a garden hose up to it. Maybe put it away after each use.

Comment

Update on this. Finally found a responsible solution for at least a fall/spring/summer sink. Utility sink from Lowes for 45 between that and faucet, drain pipe. It will be 80ish dollars total. I am debating on draining now. Either bucket then dump, mini drain line running out to my very back yard, or Dry well.

Comment

• RiverJeff
                RiverJeff commented
                Editing a comment
                French drain, dig a big deep hole fill with gravel or any rock from the home center top with soil if in the yard or leave the top open if under sink show the rocks.

maybe one of these if you don't want to go stainless.

Comment

I bought this one at IKEA, grillskar i believe it is. Faucet is from there too. Problem is i have never been able to find the right fitting to connect the hose to. So basically it is a half a prep table. IKEA does have a 6 month return policy so if you can’t get it to work like I did you can take it back.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Comes with rack? Cost?

Looks like it is $265, faucet is $34.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/grillsk...door-70489662/

Through the magic of Google, this one also came up when i searched grillskar...

Keep it easy to prep meals on the go with the Outdoor Gourmet Outdoor Cooking Prep Station. This 3-gallon sink features working faucets and counter space to add sto...

Name:	20670192?$pdp-gallery-ng$.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1268989
                Last edited by Twisted Martini; August 4, 2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you kind Sir, I appreciate your response. I am interested.

You could get something like this. I have been using a hose to connect to both my outdoor kitchens. Someday I'll plumb the one at home with pex that is freeze resistant. The one at the cabin will probably always be a hose. For the drain, I recently installed a 55-gallon drywell at home. For the one at the cabin, I just let it drain onto the ground outside of the kitchen.

Name:	Ap6kCUt.png
Views:	225
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1269009

Comment

• Alan Brice
                  Alan Brice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is understandable, the pex is flexible n will not rupture, is my guess.
                  Last edited by Alan Brice; August 4, 2022, 06:20 PM. Reason: Sp correct

Im thinking of building an outdoor kitchen to replace the one that came with the house. The grill was already replaced, old one fell apart and parts were unobtainable (it was made by Sedona for Lowes, it was really nice while it lasted). The sink / side burner part is still functional, but rats moved in the drawers and the side burners need to be replaced. The sink is also ok, but small.

Anyhow I am thinking of getting a laundry sink. They are large and deep. I found a stainless steel double sink on the side of the road in the neighborhood, and I took it thinking I would use that - but the more I think about it the more I want something like a utility sink. If needed I could always make a thing to hold a shallower sink or double sink over the utility sink - but for cleaning grill grates kitchen sinks SUCK. I want something wide and deep enough to soak the grates in.

Im gonna put the materials together, and then figure out how to assemble it all later. The idea is to just use my Napoleon four burner as is, build the sink / side burner thing next to it, then put the griddle on the other side of the sink thing in an L shape. The griddle will remain on the wheeled stand in case I want to move it.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
                  SmokeyGator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Attjack That is not a bad idea. The current outdoor sink is a bit small, that is why I grabbed the free stainless steel double sink. But I am not installing a garbage disposal so I think one larger sink would be preferred. And even then, why not add a garbage disposal? The ants will LOVE that! The drain is straight piped to never never land, AKA as "under the fence into the open common area behind my home".

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also had a double sink I opted not to use. It would have been overkill. For me, this sink is perfect. It's pretty deep too.

• SmokeyGator
                  SmokeyGator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Attjack I will hit up the Habitat For Humanity Restore next time I am nearby it and look for something similar. It is in a somewhat bougie area and a lot of contractors give the Restore stuff they rip out of McMansions when new buyers gut renovate them for no good reason other than they need to hide stolen money. Good stuff pops up there for a great discount

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here