Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor sink / clean station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmokeyGator
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack I will hit up the Habitat For Humanity Restore next time I am nearby it and look for something similar. It is in a somewhat bougie area and a lot of contractors give the Restore stuff they rip out of McMansions when new buyers gut renovate them for no good reason other than they need to hide stolen money. Good stuff pops up there for a great discount

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I also had a double sink I opted not to use. It would have been overkill. For me, this sink is perfect. It's pretty deep too.

• SmokeyGator
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack That is not a bad idea. The current outdoor sink is a bit small, that is why I grabbed the free stainless steel double sink. But I am not installing a garbage disposal so I think one larger sink would be preferred. And even then, why not add a garbage disposal? The ants will LOVE that! The drain is straight piped to never never land, AKA as "under the fence into the open common area behind my home".

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    In similar discussions, I've seen people here recommend the catch basin for a water heater to wash grates in. That was you can have a reasonably sized sink in your outdoor kitchen but have a tup you can pull out of storage for the occasional grate cleaning. I installed a small sink in my outdoor kitchen and regretted it. Now I have a medium-sized sink that's perfect.

• CandySueQ
    replied
    One of the things I had for my original BBQ cooking trailer was a portable sink with a small hot water heater. I have a place to the side of my BBQ grill and van parking area that would work well. It's not too far from electricity and water and not too far from the garage to move it back in for winter. I'm working on a garage clean up this weekend. Time to revisit this! Thanks y'all!

Leave a comment:

• Alan Brice
    commented on 's reply
    That is understandable, the pex is flexible n will not rupture, is my guess.
    Last edited by Alan Brice; August 4, 2022, 06:20 PM. Reason: Sp correct

• Alan Brice
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you kind Sir, I appreciate your response. I am interested.

• SmokeyGator
    replied
    Im thinking of building an outdoor kitchen to replace the one that came with the house. The grill was already replaced, old one fell apart and parts were unobtainable (it was made by Sedona for Lowes, it was really nice while it lasted). The sink / side burner part is still functional, but rats moved in the drawers and the side burners need to be replaced. The sink is also ok, but small.

Anyhow I am thinking of getting a laundry sink. They are large and deep. I found a stainless steel double sink on the side of the road in the neighborhood, and I took it thinking I would use that - but the more I think about it the more I want something like a utility sink. If needed I could always make a thing to hold a shallower sink or double sink over the utility sink - but for cleaning grill grates kitchen sinks SUCK. I want something wide and deep enough to soak the grates in.

Im gonna put the materials together, and then figure out how to assemble it all later. The idea is to just use my Napoleon four burner as is, build the sink / side burner thing next to it, then put the griddle on the other side of the sink thing in an L shape. The griddle will remain on the wheeled stand in case I want to move it.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    You could get something like this. I have been using a hose to connect to both my outdoor kitchens. Someday I'll plumb the one at home with pex that is freeze resistant. The one at the cabin will probably always be a hose. For the drain, I recently installed a 55-gallon drywell at home. For the one at the cabin, I just let it drain onto the ground outside of the kitchen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ap6kCUt.png
Views:	232
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1269009

Leave a comment:

• Twisted Martini
    replied

Looks like it is $265, faucet is $34.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/grillsk...door-70489662/

Through the magic of Google, this one also came up when i searched grillskar...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20670192?$pdp-gallery-ng$.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1268989
    Last edited by Twisted Martini; August 4, 2022, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Brice
    commented on 's reply
    Comes with rack? Cost?

• Twisted Martini
    replied
    I bought this one at IKEA, grillskar i believe it is. Faucet is from there too. Problem is i have never been able to find the right fitting to connect the hose to. So basically it is a half a prep table. IKEA does have a 6 month return policy so if you can’t get it to work like I did you can take it back.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bbqmikeg
    commented on 's reply
    Friggin Wow! I dig it.

• Bad Hat BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Nice find Murdy. My Yardistry Pavililion will be assembeld next week.....this is a nice addition

• RiverJeff
    commented on 's reply
    French drain, dig a big deep hole fill with gravel or any rock from the home center top with soil if in the yard or leave the top open if under sink show the rocks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here