Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What nifty tricks, tips and gadgets do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Guest , you don't use the device to peel the garlic too, do you? Or do you? If it does it all at the same time, doesn't the garlic skin get mixed in the mashed garlic? Or do you just put peeled cloves in and twist away? (The ad says it "peels and minces" garlic.)

Kathryn
    Last edited by fzxdoc; February 13, 2016, 07:46 AM.

• mgaretz
    replied
    I love this dish brush http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips...ords=oxo+brush for cleaning my perforated grill pans.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Medusa ...

Most BBQ stores stock them or you can order 1 online through AR at Amazon.

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Smarht!

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Where did you get this?

Thanks, -- Ed

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Great idea for piercing chicken skin! Yep, I can see many, many uses! Skip the fork!

I need this..., I need this...
    Last edited by Medusa; February 12, 2016, 04:43 PM.

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    I love my GG's. Actually packed them up and took them on a road-trip for Disney Land vacation!

• (Oneshotxn)
    replied
    When I first got my Akorn I knew from the first dry run I had a lot of air leaks. I reasoned that if air can come through the gaps, then light would leak out just as well. I placed a 500 Watt Halogen Work light in the center of the Akorn with the light pointed up. I turned on the light and closed the lid. I closed the garage door and was 'rewarded' with a light show. Worked out pretty good overall.

Leave a comment:

• HorseDoctor
    commented on 's reply
    How nice of Steven Raichlen to endorse welders gloves. LOL! At least they kept the cost competitive with the local farm supply store. VBG!

• HorseDoctor
    commented on 's reply
    Extremely handy for flipping anything, from slices of bacon to an entire brisket. They come in 2 sizes too. Little one stays in the house by the stove & the big one stays on the deck near the smokers/grills.

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    If you cook on a ceramic cooker these folks have some great add ons http://ceramicgrillstore.com/ I like their Woo which raises the grill to the felt line, serves as holder for the plate setter for easy removal when hot reverse sear.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc ...

It really is a valuable tool. I use it a lot to turn food and it's a good wiggle rod to adjust your coal when you need to.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Breadhead I might need one of those!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Kewl idea, Medusa !

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    I use it to pierce chicken skin mainly. Seems to help with texture.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here