Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What nifty tricks, tips and gadgets do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    You'll love it CandySueQ

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Microplane... cool idea!

• Breadhead
    replied
    DJ DeSpain ...

Gloves are a good idea. I don't always do what I should.☹
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome, I love the fusion of shop tools and cooking!

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like a neat gadget. Have you tried grating your garlic on a microplane zester? Works like a charm.

• DJ DeSpain
    replied
    My wife got me pair of these Steven Raichlen gloves this past Christmas from Amazon. These things are definitely a must have for working around a grill or smoker! The picture is from Amazon, but it gives you an idea of how far up the arms they go.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring_Clip_Strainer.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	140871 This might be useful. "Hands-free straining operation" - LOL!
    -- Ed

Thanks for the great responses! Truly a lifesaver when it comes to this recipe and other things that require straining massive amounts of goodies.

Homemade Beef Enchiladas! Sauce is in the bowl - skip that store-bought stuff!

Name:	HM_Beef_Enchiladas.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	141061

No Couch Tonite!

Name:	HM_Enchiladas_Done.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	141069
    Last edited by Medusa; February 12, 2016, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Try this... got mine from Amazon. This is an item where the price keeps going up over the years. Best Gadget for Garlic

November 30th, 2014, 02:46 PM

You need this... better than a garlic press ( and alot easier to clean ). Will handle up to 8 cloves. Made in the USA.
    It's called a Garlic Twist, and you can easily find it on Amazon. Price has steadily risen over the last few years. Virtually indestructible ( unless you put in on a turkey and put the turkey in the oven - won't explode, tho ). Have had mine for 2 years.

Click the link below to see an image.

--Ed
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n36014[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Pampered Chef has a similar tool. I have really considered this tool compared to all of the other neato cool and expensive stuff you can spend $$$ on ...

-- Ed

• smokinfatties
    replied

use those to put under my weber charcoal chimney to get coals started instead of newspaper (with all the ash). I usually get 5-10 starts per can depending on how quickly i remember to go back outside and move it once the fire has started! Learned from Harry Soo's class

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Grill Grates are very handy too.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    My handy dandy meat hook is a nice accessory...😎

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed!

I have a large BGE and consider the DigiQ Dx2 the absolute most valuable accessory I've ever bought.

It makes my large BGE a set it and forget it cooker.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Ordered...😉. That looks handy.

I was ordering other things at Amazon and decided after seeing your post I would add it to the order.😄

• CandySueQ
    replied
    This is very handy:
    Amazon.com: Norpro Stainless Steel Onion Holder: Cutting Boards: Home & Kitchen

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here