Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall MeatUp Location And Dates Decided On….Drunken Brawl Narrowly Averted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall MeatUp Location And Dates Decided On….Drunken Brawl Narrowly Averted!

Well, after a lot of back and forth among the Texas MeatUp Executive Committee 🙄 we’ve decided to have our 2022 MeatUp in Blanco, Texas at The Blanco County Inn. OCTOBER 13 - 16 or just Friday the 14th thru Sunday the 16th for some, your choice. We’ll be in the heart of the Texas Hill Country! About 45 minutes from Austin and only 25 minutes from beautiful Wimberly, Texas. The scenery in some these areas is breathtaking, the crystal clear Blanco River runs nearby, with many miles of scenic driving along the river. There’s a ton of neat things [attention ladies] to see and do in Wimberly: antiques, small arts and craft stores, Mom and Pop shops, Cypress Creek Nature Preserve etc. There’s also a couple of top notch BBQ joints in Wimberly, as well as world famous joints in nearby Austin and surrounding areas.

ABOUT THE BLANCO COUNTY INN

If you’re going to attend, I strongly suggest you book ASAP, there’s only 15 total rooms on property. As of today, 14 are available, I’ve already booked mine for Thursday thru Sunday…nah nah nah nah nah! October is a prime month for the Hill Country as our temps in Texas are turning cool and there’s lots of visitors booking that month. We’ll have a huge shaded deck in which to congregate for coffee, or cocktails in the evenings This is also a small Mom and Pop place, so I hear they can give us personal attention if needed. I’ve spoke to the owner, Debra, several times and she’s as nice as can be.

ROOM RATES
    Rates for that weekend are $88.-$179. per night Friday and Saturday. Thursday night rates are $68.-$139. Each of the rooms are different, some with 2 beds and most with one Queen or King size bed. PLEASE NOTE: They do NOT accept American Express. They do accept most others. The rates I mentioned above are if you book them online on THEIR website. You may call in and book, but the rates are $10. per night more. Their website is very easy to use though. Please note also, when you book your room, you’re charged at that time for the full amount of your stay.

CANCELLATION POLICY [please don’t cancel on us ]
    A full refund is issued to your card if you notify them by email at least 4 DAYS before your arrival day. Their cancellation policy is clearly stated on their website.

EDIT: ONLY 3 ROOMS LEFT AS OF 5/14/22

WEBSITE IS: www.Blancocountyinn.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	40AEC384-B5F5-4FDF-A97B-57862C4B9EED.jpg Views:	10 Size:	161.2 KB ID:	1219867

Click image for larger version  Name:	C0C46A0F-A89B-4180-84CC-28598CC70A2E.jpg Views:	10 Size:	247.3 KB ID:	1219865

Click image for larger version  Name:	4271EA85-EE79-4F07-BF17-412AD54C5548.jpg Views:	10 Size:	250.6 KB ID:	1219864

Click image for larger version  Name:	ABDE35B6-7C7B-40D3-B91E-E7F44FEF87B6.jpg Views:	10 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	1219863

Click image for larger version  Name:	0101BEFB-7F58-48E8-9B7A-56C88603CBFF.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	1219866

Click image for larger version  Name:	D3E2F454-01BF-4F4B-A279-27723513B97C.jpg Views:	11 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	1219861
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; September 22, 2022, 02:18 PM.

Panhead John. Not sure how you go from Drunken Brawl Narrowly Averted to Texas MeatUp Executive Committee. The first seems to fit better than the slightly pretentious second. Don't mind me I'm just jealous.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      We all just flew in from Stockholm. That’s normally where we hold our high level MeatUp meetings….🙄

• Davek8282
      Davek8282 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have thought Amsterdam would of been a better choice what with the drug laws and red light districts.

I'm looking forward to the change of venue this go round. I'm still wishing we were closer to Austin but that's what fast cars are made for. I did want to correct Panhead John on one thing. Getting to most of the barbecue joints in Austin is well over an hour, not 45 minutes. That said, the Salt Lick and several other outliers are certainly close by.

Whoohooo, party in the Hill Country baby !!!!!

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay smart guy I just went on Goggle maps and had them calculate the closest place in Austin (an HEB on the edge of town) to Blanco and it was 49 minutes. So theoretically Austin is within 45 minutes but not to any of the top flight bbq joints. To Franklins, for instance, is 1 hour 6 min, la Barbeque is 1 hour 5 min, Leroy & Lewis is 1 hour, etc. etc. Don't mislead the folks or I'll have to come deal with you myself

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Mislead the folks? You kidding me? The only thing I mislead people here about is the quality of my cooks. 😂 Don’t make me smack you with my purse!
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 11, 2022, 01:29 PM.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy - I see the drunken brawl developing again! Calm down guys!

Booked. No snoozin', no loozin'.....

Comment

When booking log on to the correct Blanco or you might find yourself in my neck of the world.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool, let's have a Meat-up African Style (or is that a Braai-up?). I was especially impressed with the dirt golf course

BBQ in the hill country here I come

Comment

Panhead John , wait just one minute.. There was drunken brawl I wasn't invite to attend!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          There’ll be more at this MeatUp I’m sure! Especially if Troutman hogs the covers like he did last time in Rockdale.
          Last edited by Panhead John; May 11, 2022, 12:40 PM.

C'mon folks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandit-Get-In.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1219915

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          PERFECT ERIC!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Love it!!

I’m booked! Who else is booked? Hurry! Hurry!

Comment

Booked, and can't wait to book it to Blanco!

Comment

I'm booked

Comment

JUST A FOLLOW UP AS OF 2:20 PM CST….There’s 7 rooms left a for Friday-Sunday stay and 5 Rooms left for a Thursday-Sunday stay.
              Last edited by Panhead John; August 15, 2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Edit to this: Only 3 rooms left as of 5/14/22
                Last edited by Panhead John; May 14, 2022, 05:53 PM.

Alright I booked a room. I am already regretting it. Just the thought of spending time in close proximity to... well, you know, is making my left eye twitch. I may drive the bus, but right now I don't have a tow vehicle, so we will see.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                I was thinking, if ya do bring the bus, maybe after Happy Hour Friday, think I could take it for a spin around the block?

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                awesome, really looking forward to meating in person!

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Best news I've heard all day and I've had some great news today!!
                Last edited by CaptainMike; May 11, 2022, 04:19 PM.

Booked …

Comment

Well here's home for 3 nights so I guess I'll consume vast quantities of alcohol on that deck there !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blanco Co Inn 04.jpg Views:	19 Size:	174.2 KB ID:	1219988
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Blanco Co Inn 02.jpg Views:	18 Size:	324.7 KB ID:	1219989 Click image for larger version  Name:	Blanco Co Inn 03.jpg Views:	18 Size:	290.0 KB ID:	1219990 Click image for larger version  Name:	Blanco Co Inn 01.jpg Views:	18 Size:	430.1 KB ID:	1219991
                Last edited by Troutman; May 11, 2022, 02:59 PM. Reason: Wanna make sure PJ doesn't come hit me with his purse !!

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And we can all take turns mooning cars as they drive by!!

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Again? Thought we got our fill of that in Rockdale.

• MsTwiggy
                  MsTwiggy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CaptainMike Panhead John is that why you need a new venue? So you dont run into anyone thats seen your behind! 🤣

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here