Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up in Texas June 4-6, 2021 Attendance Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout man and Panhead John probably know about this already because they are in Houston. Micheal Berry has been doing Texas Pitmaster interviews on the morning show this month. For those of you who aren’t in Houston he is separating them out on the his daily podcast.

Comment

Sadly, it was a long shot at best, count me out.
      The idiots that run this place have extended the province wide lock down into June now.
      I will like vicariously thru your pics and posts of the weekends goings ons.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a shame you can’t make it. But, if we don’t get too drunk, we’ll try to remember and give you a video shout out.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang Panhead John I’ll probably have to cancel now. WITSEC doesn’t allow me to hang out where live streams are running.

glitchy You can borrow my mask.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 14, 2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Just thought I'd throw in a little touch of reality. Here's a YouTube video of a guy who went to Snow's. It's kind of long (he also goes to some other Austin venues) but the bottom line is he gets to Snow's at 4:45 am and is 28th in line !!! The only time I went I got there at 6:00 am and I barely got brisket, it was almost gone. Better get it into your minds if you are going to go to Snow's for sure that 3:00 am is NOT too early to show up. Then its a 5 hour wait until they serve.

Comment

UPDATE - We're 14 days into the dry aging. Getting good and funky now !! Will pull in about 10 days and cut some steaks!! Yummy .....

Click image for larger version  Name:	steak aging 14 days.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	962.3 KB ID:	1031519
          Last edited by Troutman; May 14, 2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Can’t believe it’s been 21 days already. Pulled the ribeye primal and cut 14 steaks this evening. Average size 1-1/4” and about 13.5 ozs. See you all in a little over a week. Whoo hooo we gonna part-tee…..

Click image for larger version

Name:	9C517554-0BC7-47BA-95ED-2E10BF419286.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	1036198Click image for larger version

Name:	14B74C91-EBE9-4797-AA2C-213D12DED55B.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	1036197Click image for larger version

Name:	00B8EAAE-B57E-42E1-AD71-A88D847289A9.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	1036199

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow.....just Wow.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Not much marbling if ya ask me. 😂

58limited You do know I'm coming, right? LOL. I did start this whole mess.

And I'll be there Fri night w/my wife.

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              wcpreston Yes, you are on the list, #5 up from the bottom in post no. 1 of this thread. See ya there!

• wcpreston
              wcpreston commented
              Editing a comment
              OK... I just saw the comment tagging you in a post and got worried that I had not done that. Looking forward to it!

58limited and Panhead John, as I mention above I'm bringing the 14 steaks. That leaves 5-6 short by my count. Also I know we're going to want more than meat to gnaw on (although that and a cold beer ain't too shabby!!). Do we have a game plan for the rest, we're down to about a week. PM me if you want to discuss further so we can make last minute plans.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              If glitchy can still make it, we’ll have 18 people, 17 if not. fracmeister is just coming in for the day on Saturday. He won’t be with us Friday night.

Loren works for Costco and he’s volunteered to pick up the additional steaks we need before meeting us in Rockdale Friday. So we’re good on the steaks. I thought we’d have baked potatoes as sides. Good and easy to fix! We have ovens in some of our rooms so we’ll be good for cooking them there. I’m gonna take care of all the potato’s and fixings for them. I’m coming in Thursday so I’m gonna go buy potato’s, bacon, green onions, butter and sour cream for our fixings then. There’s grocery stores and a Walmart there in Rockdale. Troutman thought I’d go ahead and post this here so everyone else will know the plan also.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              10-4. Would be nice to have another confirmed head count next week.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. I’m gonna email the Rainbow and see if there’s anything that they don’t have that we might need to bring ourselves. I already know they don’t have steak knives, so we’ll need to bring our own. If anyone’s room has a kitchen in it, it comes with 2 plates and silverware for 2. My room has 4 plates and silverware for 4. But I’m bringing some good sturdy paper plates for extras.
              (I have connections)
              Last edited by Panhead John; May 26, 2021, 05:10 PM.

Ack yall. I gotta pull out. My teaching schedule just won't permit it. (I actually wasn't slated to teach this summer, but this has been an odd -- to put it mildly -- year and, if students need a class to graduate, I can't not teach it.)

I was so looking forward to seeing some of yall. We Greater Houstonians....we...we are own thing, as it were.

Could this be a prelude to a yearly central Texas thing? I hope so!

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry you can't make it, maybe next time.

• LA Pork Butt
              LA Pork Butt commented
              Editing a comment
              Bummer!

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang, too bad. But, you have a higher calling and that's a really good thing.

We're a week out, and now with "life getting in the way" events hopefully fully accounted for, do we have an up to date head count for Friday night?

Comment

I’m not going to make it either. Going to cancel my reservations today and hope I get a credit for the plane tickets and that I am able to use it before it expires.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang, sorry you can't make it.

I’ve counted 17 total confirmed for Friday night. Fracmeister, according to his latest post, is coming in Saturday for the day.
              Last edited by Panhead John; May 28, 2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I’ve got 17 high end plastic plates and some fancy looking plastic silverware with heavy duty napkins. I’m bringing it so the only other thin anyone needs to eat a steak is metal knife.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                  Uncle Bob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As mentioned earlier I'm bringing 7 folding chairs. Also have a case (48) of stemless wine glasses, plastic, and bringing some bourbon just to make sure the glasses don't leak.

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good deal Uncle Bob. Just wanna make sure we have enough. I’ll be bringing 4 and Texas Larry is bringing 4 also. We should be good with chairs then. Someone else is bringing extras too.
                  Last edited by Panhead John; May 29, 2021, 07:12 AM.

• TxF
                  TxF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We don’t leave the house without folding chairs, they always come in handy.

If anyone has a recipie for the coleslaw from L Mueller’s / Franklin’s I will bring some.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here