Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up in Texas June 4-6, 2021 Attendance Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re better than me CaptainMike
    Attached Files

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Enough with the inflatable doll thing already!!!

Well, since everyone is posting pictures of themselves, I might as well go ahead also. It’s a well known fact here, that I’m a fashion model known the world over. In fact, I’m one of the first male supermodels in the industry. As you are about to witness, I’ve always had a keen eye for fashion, even at a young age. (top row, left)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      And you’re up pretty late for your age, you checking the phone on a potty trip?
      Last edited by glitchy; May 3, 2021, 10:26 PM.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      No. I had to change my Depends.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John The first on looks like the Houston High School Glee Club; the second looksl like you're in Huntsville.

klflowers Looky here what I found!
    http://www.rockdalecityhall.com/Docu...s---PDF?bidId=
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 4, 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you find one named On His Way to Broke and Divorced RV Resort?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I know, wishful thinking on my part. 😢 I wanted to hand deliver your plates to you. But, during the Happy Hour, I’ll shoot a video of everyone saying Hi and send it to you. 🥃🥃🥃. Might be kinda entertaining.

I reserved a room yesterday when I started searching the other surrounding airports and thought I would be able to make it work to come hang out. I took some notes on prices for flights to CLL and GRK, paused for a couple hours to eat dinner, discuss with the CFO and watch a show with the family. When I came back to book a flight, they all jumped up a bunch in price. So, I'm probably in the 50/50 camp right now meaning I'm still really hoping, but can't justify it unless I find a decent flight and car deal.

If any of you know any good travel foo tricks to get great flight deals, let me know. I only fly once every year or two, so not something I've mastered. I'm guessing maybe since I priced so many combinations yesterday I probably got triggered somehow as desperate and willing to pay whatever triggering a big jump in the prices. I was pricing even landing one place and leaving from another, etc. Maybe there's just daily/weekly cycles that I encountered? I think another part is we just hit the 30 day out mark too, didn't that used to jump the prices?
    Last edited by glitchy; May 4, 2021, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Find the flights you want. Then clear your cookies and your browser history. Now go directly to the airline’s site and do your search again. You may find the price has dropped considerably.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree on the travel search engines.
      I book directly with AA or AC for a lot cheaper in my case out of YYZ to US destinations.
      Search engines routing can also be less than desirable, too many stop overs.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike Donw smokin fool Thanks for the tips. The airlines were actually higher than the search engines (even running a new private window), but on a whim last night checked our corporate travel site and it was suddenly quite a bit cheaper than everything else for the car and flight both. Last week it was highest, so we must have a good negotiated rate once trip moves within 30 days.

Alright enough with the mug shots. Let’s get something important front and center. We’re in day 3 of the aging process. This beast started at 20#, will probably lose 4-5 lbs of fat and moisture. That means 14-15 steaks. Ohhh-rah !!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D3B172A7-E739-4830-A581-FD0E1D99ED92.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	1027450

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s enough for me, but where’s everyone else’s steaks?

Good job Trout! And thanks again for your generosity. 🙌

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I have said this before and I will happily say this over and over again: Steve Troutman, you are THE MAN. Thank you.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Just peeked at it this morning, she's looking guuuud. And by the way, I had to clear off the top shelf of my beer and meat fridge to accommodate this monster. You guys owe me a PBR or two. Oh the sacrifices we make !!!!

Alright, I have some bad news for ya’ll. I just booked a flight

Edit: Here’s my obligatory selfie
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glitchy; May 4, 2021, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman My vaccine should be fully effective today or tomorrow, so I’ll only be wearing a mask in Texas where required or when I feel it’s polite towards others. I hate them. I just didn’t want to break the internet posting my ugly mug.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy Glad you can make it! When will you be coming in and when do you leave? I just wanna make sure you don’t miss Saturday night. I’m going to be giving lessons on needlepoint and basket weaving. Probably around 5.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      You look just how I pictured

FYI, Assuming flights go as planned, I’ll be there Friday noonish until Monday late afternoon. It will just be me. I asked for the room furthest from Panhead John since I don’t want him drinking too much and trying to raid my room as it will be embarrassing when he finds out I don’t wear underwear.

I do hope to catch Snow’s because I’ve watched and read multiple things about Tootsie and would like to say I got to eat her cooking once. Other than that, it’s all about meeting a bunch of my elders, so would be down to partake in about any other dining excursions with any of you that would welcome me the remainder of the weekend. I don’t even care if it’s not BBQ.

Also, hoping to catch Friday night festivities and happy to chip in my share towards cost. If I need to send some now to someone let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be on the lookout for a beverage stop between Ft. Hood and Rockdale.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy you made it happen, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with you! Damn, you worked your a$$ off pulling it together!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Just make sure you don’t park in the Handicap spots. Those are for us.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike I know I’ll regret ever saying this but Panhead John made it happen. Had we not started with $60 rooms versus $150-200, I never would have even tried to justify it with the wife for a solo weekend trip.

Sorry folks but I need to cancel. Please remove me from the list(s).

Perhaps some other time ...

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike - When I saw that you'd be there too, I figured that having two adults in the room might be a bit overwhelming for the Pit Crew ... so guess I'll sit this one out.

Enjoy ...

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha, ordinarily I'd agree, but that dang PJ brings out my mischievous side! I think Troutman will keep us in line, though.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear Morg. Your steak will help feed the homeless 🍺

Hey guys. Just wanted to let y’all know.....I had the greatest conversation a while ago with glitchy He’s not near the criminal element his picture might seem to project. 😂. What a guy! We spoke for about 2 hours at least on the phone. Even though he’s from Iowa, I think y’all will like him anyway. 🥸
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 6, 2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang your clock is slow old man, we rolled past 2 hours easy Yo!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Just corrected it.....Sugar Britches.

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I enjoyed every second of the 7200 plus we spent conversing despite having to mentally translate that southern drawl. I’m exhausted, but absolutely enjoyed the chat.
      Last edited by glitchy; May 6, 2021, 09:11 AM. Reason: Correcting sleep deprived math

Here’s another option to throw into the mix—Louie Mueller’s BBQ (also stellar, esp. famous for beef ribs) is about 25 minutes away in Taylor.

Just some thoughts—I’m hearing about having to show up before dawn to get q at Snow’s, and my bride does not believe those hours exist in reality🙄. I’m not sure of my ability to stand in long lines due to health issues, so may opt for Bretts or Muellers Saturday am. Either way I’m really looking forward to the Saturday evening steak dinner and Bible fellowship🤣. Group photo at Rainbow Courts then?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m with ya big guy! Except the steak dinner is Friday night. Just a typo Texas Larry ?

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep Panhead John just another of my patented goofs🙄. Thanks for the catch.

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Larry, I suspect there are a number of we "age endowed" folks who wouldn't last long in a waiting line. Being a crafty lot, we'll work it out.

Louie Muellers will have a line as well, the trick is to be there a little before they open. It starts to form 10 or 15 minutes before that. I’ve been 1st or 2nd a few times getting there 15 minutes early, and every time the line has grown to the door by the time I got my food.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Mueller's is definitely on my list.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      And thanks for the info! Helpful.

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      Louie Muellers would be my choice Saturday, but I’m planning to stop for Lunch there on Friday if I can pull this off. I’m thinking Friday night might be a little too fun for an attempt at Snow’s on Saturday, so I’ll probably end up @ Bret’s. Got a couple of more things that I need to fall into place beforeI can officially add my name to the list, but it’s looking good.

Just saw this thread! By far the best read I’ve had in a long time. I wish like heck I could attend. I have two trips in as many months. And I am trying to find a job (last thing didn’t work out). So I am saving for March! Cannot wait to see pics/cooks from this Meat Up!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn If you’d like a part time gig, I could use a West Coast distributor. You can contact my VP of Sales....David Dufas. email: [email protected].

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John your company is rather diverse. I think this is the 3rd or 4th different email domain I’ve seen 🤣🤣🤣

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn Here’s my personal email if you want it. Do not share please.
      [email protected].

OK, I got everything worked out so add me to the list +1 should be there middle of the afternoon on Friday.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! What’s your name? We’ll add you to the list!

58limited

Ops, forgot that part, my name is Don, and my wife Julia will be with me. Best picture I could find was from last summer.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Don, we don’t like funny people here.

Can’t wait to meet ya. 😂 Just one thing, please don’t wear the Speedo.
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 7, 2021, 07:17 PM.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I done gave up th whole dang 'Banana Hammock' thang, reckon it's been long 'bout three decades ago, give or take lol

Speaking of wearing, I've been to two World's Fairs, five State Fairs, twenty-one County Fairs and a hog callin' and I always wear my Amazing Ribs Pitmaster Club shirt to represent. If you have one, bring it to Rockdale, I'll be sporting mine. Give the site a little love and advertising, make Meathead proud !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_07.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1030749

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered one last week, waiting for it to ship.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it can get us to the front of the line at Snow’s. LOL

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman Big deal. I’ve been in 2 County Jails, 3 State Prisons, 1 Federal Penitentiary and Rikers....twice.
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 12, 2021, 04:29 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here