Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up in Texas June 4-6, 2021 Attendance Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so here we are, only photo of Renee she would let me post.🤣 Click image for larger version

Name:	6E59728F-7028-4540-861B-9004E7083C2D.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1026265

Comment

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, Troutman we clean up okay.🤣

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Great picture handsome couple. Question are the suspenders under the jacket?

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, RichieB, of course they are🤣!

Even tho I can't go if you want to see a picture of me, go into any post office and my picture will be displayed proudly right next to you got it, Panhead John. .

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the FBI is relying on Post Offices these days.😂

Things are really taking off folks! We’re gonna have a great turnout. We need to ask a favor from anyone else that can make it. When you’ve confirmed your reservations.... please tag 58limited in your post letting us know. Please state in your post 2 things. 1. How many in your party.
    2. Whether or not you’ll be at the Friday night get together for steaks and Happy Hour. Thanks!
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Let me expand on what Panhead John just said, I’m currently dry aging about 10 or 12 steaks. It’s going to be important to know what the final headcount is so we can get the steak count right.

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        But I can do it on the clock!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Loren I just reread your offer. Can you PM me?

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Loren The reason I asked you to PM me is because it makes me look cool in front of the guys. "Hey Man, PM me". 😂

Ok guys. I’ve already bought the steak for Uncle Bob We can remove him from the steak list.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Uh, ok Uncle Bob I’ll run back to Costco.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Uncle Bob I ain't no Coward, but, Reckon I ain't callin Her out, anytime soon, Brother!
        'Preciate th warnin, btw!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 3, 2021, 04:00 PM. Reason: +y. duh.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Man my MCS just kicked in. Where'd you source that sweeeet cooker ?????

Just for Gits and Shiggles, might as well put me down as a "maybe". Looking into flights now.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, Be Still, My Heart!!!!

Now, That There, would exponentially sweeten Th Pot....

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Last words out of her mouth were "Just go already!" ... and I swear she was affecting a slight Jewish accent. Weird for a second generation Norwegian ... but I’ll take what I can get. If all goes well, I’ll finalize flights and reservations tomorrow (probably as she’s finalizing a big bump in my life insurance) ... then it’s off to the races.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Might as well bump me up from a "maybe" to a "strong likely" at this point.

Attention CaptainMike You’re gonna have company on Thursday! I just booked The Garden Room for an extra night. Leaving Sunday morning as planned.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic! That gives us a whole afternoon/evening to work on our dance moves for the Friday Night Dance-Off!! We simply must beat Troutman this year!
        Last edited by CaptainMike; May 3, 2021, 04:22 PM.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        😂😂😂 I swear I busted out loud laughing! Now, down to business, when we slow dance...who’s gonna lead?

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        All I gotta say is nobody puts Baby in the corner!

I was talking to my wife about this the other day and she said "you should go ahead and go". So, my married brothers, you ever had your wife offer something you know she doesn’t mean? She had that don’t you dare accept look on her face. Especially since that is our anniversary weekend. But, just to test her out, I said cool, we can spend our anniversary eating Q with that famous paper plate purveyor Panhead John guy, and you can meet the guy that came up with your favorite Osso Bucco recipe, Troutman, maybe even the wise Mr. Bones, along with a long list of esteemed AR members. I thanked her for giving me such an awesome anniversary gift. I laid it on kind of thick, saying this will probably be our best anniversary ever.

It didn’t go over that well with her, but I got a good laugh out of it. I don’t think it will stop her from offering me things she doesn’t want me to accept, but after this one I am going all out and accepting next time

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        Too true Mr. Bones; luckily (or unlucky sometimes!) Kim is very direct with her thoughts.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike, I am a 6-6 mouse. 270, so I am a pretty dang huge mouse. Panhead John, I am not ashamed to say I have a hairless ass. And my knees' aren't arthritic anymore since I got them replaced, but you could still outrun me or even out walk me... Loren, Mr. Bones got it right, my wife is short but she is mean and I am scared of her. Troutman, I am going to make it through sooner though. Black's shipping rates are too high for me right now, so I told them I am stopping through

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha, you make one HELLUVA mouse!!! I think your GIANT MH made you look shorter! And one look at your avatar tells everyone who the giant is in your family. Too bad you can't make it, I would so love to meet you both. Thanks for the chuckle! Again!
        Last edited by CaptainMike; May 4, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Okay also, formal post:

How much/many extra ribeyes should I bring?

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Contact Troutman, he's in charge of ribeyes

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Loren Wow! Thanks for the offer! Is this something we can decide on, the number of ribeyes, until the week before? Reason I’m asking is our numbers can and probably will change between now and then. But if had to guess, it might be around 10 or so.....right now.

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course Panhead John. I can probably have flexibility within a two day window if we want to be super specific. I'll shoot you a PM with better contact info (so many posts here!).

It’s official. I’ll be there. Just lined up flights and room. Will sort out car rental tomorrow. Will also look into inexpensive bulk discount pricing on antacids. Attention: Mr. Bones

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        I can pick you up a Kirkland Signature pack of em 😎

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Faaaaaantastic!!!!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Wha'd I even do???

Ok: photo? That would be my avatar (plus about 5 years).

Name? Mike Morgan

Wife? Happy to have two nights to herself.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, mine was unusually upbeat about my upcoming absence as well. Hmmm...

Have we reached EPIC yet?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we'uns has surpassed EPIC , an then some...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 3, 2021, 05:35 PM.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Epic indeed, to the nth degree!
        Last edited by CaptainMike; May 3, 2021, 06:00 PM.

Ah, I didn't think about posting a recent photo. I'm not very good at the 'selfie' thing, but here's one I took just a few minutes ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1026850

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your shirt? 🤣

Also...is that a rug...on your wall?!
        Last edited by Loren; May 3, 2021, 05:45 PM.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Loren been wearing Ben Davis shirts since I was 12. They are still proudly made in the USA (well, San Francisco any way, close enough). Also, that's a towel draped over the shower enclosure in my photography studio.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell me about that backdrop

I’m still crunching numbers but getting closer. I maybe better book the room before they’re all gone. Is the anything I should be concerned about if I fly in/out of Killeen/Ft. Hood instead of Austin? Panhead John Troutman 58limited? Looks like I can get flights and cars cheaper there and College Station vs Austin.

And if I’m going, klflowers better be there. I’d even let him call me Shane.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        If you’re pretty sure you’re coming I’d go ahead and book your room. You can cancel with 48 hours notice. But if you can’t make it, then call em back ASAP to let them know. Good luck! I don’t know anything about the airport you asked about.

• TxF
        TxF commented
        Editing a comment
        College Station is 45min away, easy drive, only about 4 turns. Killeen is a little farther, probably about as far as Austin.

I don't know who the hell this old man is, but it's the first photo that popped up after my last shot. He looks nice enough, but there's profound sadness in his eyes. Either that or he's started on his second bourbon of the evening....

Click image for larger version

Name:	me2.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1026864

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones, not to veer off of the Primrose Path were walking in this thread, but once I pulled the plug on my long and distinguished career I quit collecting any more slides for the slideshow carousel and those days became fewer and farther apart. I will always keep them in my back pocket, but it's just for reference now. Cheers, my Brother!!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy yer last, Capn...

FB Bonedaddy, FWD OUT...

Reaper Wun Thuh-ree iis n Supportive High Orbit, I'd havedta reckon......

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        All I can legally say, without comprimisin any levels of Classification , Brother, is ya has ya some danged fine taste in towels...

Let's Roll!!!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here